Fed up with my seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

recian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 24v
So I just got back from a 550 mile trip. The drive there was 4.5 hours and not too bad. The drive back was 5.5 because I spent 1.5 hours in Raleigh Durham stop and go for 30 miles. Afterwards my right foot went numb with 2 hours to go. My right leg just below the butt was sitting on the metal frame for the seat the whole time pinching a nerve. That stop and go made it a miserable experience. The seat foam is new so I'm not sure what to do. Left side I can't feel the frame but right side I can. I've even put an extra piece of surgical grade foam between the cushion and frame on the right to where it's visually sticking up on the right and I still sit on the frame. I can feel myself leaning right while sitting in the seat. I'm not small. 6' 260 lbs but I don't completely fill the seat. Every 3rd gen truck we get in at work I sit in and I've only found 2 that my leg didn't sit on the frame and they were leather with lower miles. One was a SRT10. Is there something in my seat I'm missing that needs replacement? I don't even want to drive it now my legs are so sore. Is it time for 4th gen seats? Are they an easy swap?

OP
OP
R

recian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 24v
That's awesome. Did they change mega cab rear seats between 09 and 10? If I get the whole set

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
If you have a mega cab, try to find a set from a mega cab.

If you have a quad cab, like mine, then you can use either quad or crew cab seats but not mega cab seats.

The front seats are all the same otherwise.