Few rebel questions

Discussion in 'Dodge Ram Rebel Forum' started by usaf2006, Aug 16, 2017.

1. usaf2006

usaf2006 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Rebel questions

Is the all black seats with tread pattern all cloth, or is it leather or vinyl trimmed?

Is a rebel louder than a stock ram?

Trying to figure this out before I go to the dealer tomorrow. Wife doesn't want a loud truck, and isn't fond of all cloth seats.

Thanks guys!

2. unxpctd

unxpctd Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2017 Ram Rebel
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    The Rebel has a cloth and vinyl mix. The vinyl feels like leather but its not. I really like it myself. The cloth part (Center area of each seat) has the imprint of the Toyo tires on it. Kind of a cool addition.

The Rebel isn't any louder than a stock 1500 (in my experience). Its got the same exhust and hemi. If you start adding things...new muffler, tips, intake...of course its going to be louder...if you don't...should be just fine.

One thing to note...the stock Rebel comes with a silver front skid plate and red trimmed seats and dash. The sides of the seats are red, the rest black. There is a "Dark" Option..something like $500 onto the MSRP that makes the seats all black and has a black front skid plate.

Mine doesn't have the "Dark" option...but for some reason has the all black interior, with the silver skid plate. Just something to think about when you look around at RAM's.

Good luck with your choice! I love the air suspension in mine and the off road tires really set it apart from regular RAM's. Its all personal choice...can't go wrong with a Rebel or a Sport or any other model...they're all RAM's at heart :)

R.L.K., Curlyp and DRkNESS like this.
  3. usaf2006

usaf2006 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Thanks for the great reply! The one I'm looking at has the all black seats with the tire imprint still, but I couldn't tell by the pictures if it was all cloth. The window sticker didn't mention anything about it being cloth or vinyl.

My wife was concerned the Rebel would be louder because she read two articles how the Rebel has "snorting" exhaust as they called it. I told her it'd be the same as a stock Ram, but she was weary.

I'm ready to pull the trigger, but now she's getting cold feet lol. We'll see if I can convince her tomorrow!

unxpctd likes this.
  4. Skubasteve!

Skubasteve! Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Only thing that will be louder are the tires.

usaf2006 likes this.
  5. usaf2006

usaf2006 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Figured that too. My 285s on my truck hum quite loud now tho, so that's fine haha

6. ramportin1

ramportin1 Sickest member here

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I'm so friggin jealous man lol... I'm dying to get a 17 rebel... I'm hoping 2018 4th of July sales I'll get one but we'll see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

usaf2006 likes this.
  7. ramportin1

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    You said the sides of the seats are red, what about the backs? Just curious kuz I've been looking at rebels also and every single one has all black interior except one, which had black front then sides of seats AND back of seats were red as well as all red stitching instead of white... I thought it must've been some special edition but from what it sounded like what you said it's the base model? Lol, kuz man I LOVED that red

usaf2006 likes this.
  8. usaf2006

usaf2006 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Hopefully the wife gives the green light lol!!!! I want it so bad, its a beast!

9. ramportin1

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    It is my dream truck

usaf2006 likes this.
  10. transam210

transam210 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:

The back of the seats are red also, the only part of my Rebel I hate are the seats. I like the red and black but hate the cloth in set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usaf2006 likes this.