Finally done 4" SuperLift w/35" Trail Grapplers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MT Hillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have never owned a lifted, truck, please excuse my ignorance if my questions are dumb.
I don't have enough to do the lift and buy new wheels & tires right now. Can you tell me what size tires will work on the factory 20" rims, and not rub? I plan to buy offset rims later , but would like to have my factory ones for winter tires.

2010 ram 1500 crew cab, am putting a BDS 4" lift under it with fox shocks/struts.

OP
OP
hangac1093

hangac1093

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have never owned a lifted, truck, please excuse my ignorance if my questions are dumb.
I don't have enough to do the lift and buy new wheels & tires right now. Can you tell me what size tires will work on the factory 20" rims, and not rub? I plan to buy offset rims later , but would like to have my factory ones for winter tires.

2010 ram 1500 crew cab, am putting a BDS 4" lift under it with fox shocks/struts.

I would honestly save your money. My wheel and tire setup was $2600. And going with the fox shocks (which is sweet) you’re gonna want to have the extra cash.

MT Hillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would honestly save your money. My wheel and tire setup was $2600. And going with the fox shocks (which is sweet) you’re gonna want to have the extra cash.

I think we are saying the same thing... maybe... I am putting the lift in now, I have a blown strut. But can't afford any more play money for an extended time...:( so..was wondering what tires would work on factory rims. My tires are shot and need replacing now. We get enough winter to warrant having two sets of rims and tires, so with that in mind, I was hopping to keep my factory 20" rims to put winter tires on, and eventually, buy another tire/rim set to run in the summer. Of course like I said, have never had 35 x12x 20's on a pickup, maybe they don't do too bad on hard pack snow and ice? If they will clear on factory rims?

Last edited:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think we are saying the same thing... maybe... I am putting the lift in now, I have a blown strut. But can't afford any more play money for an extended time...:( so..was wondering what tires would work on factory rims. My tires are shot and need replacing now. We get enough winter to warrant having two sets of rims and tires, so with that in mind, I was hopping to keep my factory 20" rims to put winter tires on, and eventually, buy another tire/rim set to run in the summer. Of course like I said, have never had 35 x12x 20's on a pickup, maybe they don't do too bad on hard pack snow and ice? If they will clear on factory rims?
One + plus + to a 17"-18" wheel is more sidewall and less likely to get deep snow packed in your wheel spokes . There's also more sidewall for a smoother overall ride .

Something to keep in mind for winter wheels [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just get a set of 35" nitto trail grapplers. They go great in the dry and wet snow. You can run them year round. That way you wont need a winter set of wheels.

MT Hillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
One + plus + to a 17"-18" wheel is more sidewall and less likely to get deep snow packed in your wheel spokes . There's also more sidewall for a smoother overall ride .

Something to keep in mind for winter wheels [emoji106]

and 17" tires are about two hundred dollars cheaper per set every time you buy! I do pull a trailer every now and then though... do they make a noticeable difference in handeling from 20"?

MT Hillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
please delete this post

Last edited:

MT Hillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

how did thos nito's last? I see you bought them in 2015!

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Which 35s did you get

MasterCraft Courser MXT’s, great tire for the price!

I’m sure it’s not the only one that will fit, I did a lot of research using actual listed specs from tire manufacturers to see what would work. The info is out there!

Edit: there was also another forum member that is/was running them on stock wheels with just a level, reason I started lookin at the MXT’s in the first place. After finding the specs and what they measure on my 20 x 9’s I started checking other manufactures to see what else would fit. Wound up going with the MXT’s for the value and heck, they’re pretty damn beefy.

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
MasterCraft Courser MXT’s, great tire for the price!

I’m sure it’s not the only one that will fit, I did a lot of research using actual listed specs from tire manufacturers to see what would work. The info is out there!

Edit: there was also another forum member that is/was running them on stock wheels with just a level, reason I started lookin at the MXT’s in the first place. After finding the specs and what they measure on my 20 x 9’s I started checking other manufactures to see what else would fit. Wound up going with the MXT’s for the value and heck, they’re pretty damn beefy.

Got a pic

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thought I had a better shot but these will have to do for now

26709573-B60A-41C5-BF29-5145A4FFE557.jpeg

56445838-A5A0-4259-B5F5-863E170B4F18.jpeg

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score