Finally got my new/used truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
So after a month of waiting finally got my truck Friday night.

2017 White, Big Horn Crew Cab, front bench seats

2x4/V6/3.21, 7900 miles

Took her on a 300 mile road trip Sat., avg 21.5 hw/city combined, ride was better than I was expecting, caught myself going over 80 quite a few times.

Was leary of a 2017 with 7900 miles (why would someone trade it in so soon)

Sticker was 42 when new, I got it for 28,was put in service March 2017 and has not been driven since Dec of 2017,

In my area, same truck with 20k-30k miles runs low 30's

Lots of bells and whistles I don't need, but had a few extra perks that were not listed....

front and rear wheel/well liners

xel or 3m on all painted front end surfaces (18” on hood)

sirus subscription works

extras included were spray in bed liner, weather tech window air guards and hood bug deflector

1st mods I am getting this week

amp running boards, undercover flex, and lifetime mopar warranty

Got out from a 2016 Colorado crew cab, feels good to be in a real truck again (truck before Colorado was a F150)

Staggie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Congrats! I don’t think you qualify for lifetime warranty as I believe you have to be the original owner.

And I wouldn’t be leery. Being my dad works in a dealership, you have stories of people trading in cars after 1,000 miles due to a stiff ride. Or perhaps it was a vehicle turn in due to financial issues. Who knows, but enjoy.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Nice and congratulations. Low miles on used vehicle wouldn't bother me, there is to many reasons why someone would only drive a vehicle for 8k miles and trade it in. Glad your happy and if you bought it from a dodge/ram dealer is should be pre certified also that's another bonus besides the savings.

And nice future mod list enjoy it.

OP
OP
blazer

blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
as far as the warranty, I am going thru Clay (found him on the forum), he quoted me lifetime, and was cheaper than Ziggler (which is not far from me).
I still have all of the remaining factory warranty.

The comments of low miles is reassuring

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My '01 SLT Ram had 9900+ when I bought it in Sept '01. Kept it 16 years great truck no problems.

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Hell yeah! I’m on my 3rd gen 4. No reason in trading in my first two other than upgrading to more options. I’d also grab a used, low milage, with the right options RAM without hesitation.

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did a similar thing last summer. Love the truck and I also got the Lifetime from Clay. Good deal and now I know I'll have no problems when the electronic thing-a-ma-jigs start toasting up!

Enjoy the ride!

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congratz and enjoy, i know i am!
2017 used with 10,550 from dealer in june. Now have 27200

CDARam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats! I don’t think you qualify for lifetime warranty as I believe you have to be the original owner.

Is this true that you must be the original owner to qualify for a lifetime warranty??
Two months ago I purchased a 2017 (one previous owner) with 14,000 miles on it, and have thought about looking into a lifetime warranty.

Staggie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

All Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge vehicles within 48 months of the in-service date and currently having less than 48,000 miles are eligible for Lifetime Maximum Care Plans, regardless of how many owners there may have been.

I had to look it up myself as my friend was denied lifetime warranty on his R/T Challenger with 1500 miles on it. The wording on their website is confusing as it states that:
Lifetime plans cover only for the original owner; they are not transferable unless required by state law.
Which I assume is the "Original Plan owner"?

Here is on the site I picked mine up at:
Certified Pre-Owned Service Contracts can be purchased on Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep® vehicles with an active, Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty and an odometer that reads less than 80,000 miles. Lifetime contracts for Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles must be purchased within 4 years and 48,000 miles of the vehicle's warranty start date (the date the vehicle was delivered to its original owner).

Traditional Pre-Owned Vehicle Service Contracts can be purchased on vehicles that are no more than 10 model years old and with an odometer that reads less than 125,000 miles. Your dealer will complete a Vehicle Inspection to ensure the vehicle is eligible for coverage.

CDARam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge vehicles within 48 months of the in-service date and currently having less than 48,000 miles are eligible for Lifetime Maximum Care Plans, regardless of how many owners there may have been.

I had to look it up myself as my friend was denied lifetime warranty on his R/T Challenger with 1500 miles on it. The wording on their website is confusing as it states that:
Lifetime plans cover only for the original owner; they are not transferable unless required by state law.
Which I assume is the "Original Plan owner"?

Here is on the site I picked mine up at:
Certified Pre-Owned Service Contracts can be purchased on Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep® vehicles with an active, Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty and an odometer that reads less than 80,000 miles. Lifetime contracts for Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles must be purchased within 4 years and 48,000 miles of the vehicle's warranty start date (the date the vehicle was delivered to its original owner).

Traditional Pre-Owned Vehicle Service Contracts can be purchased on vehicles that are no more than 10 model years old and with an odometer that reads less than 125,000 miles. Your dealer will complete a Vehicle Inspection to ensure the vehicle is eligible for coverage.

Thank you so much for your reply. One more question, what determines if it is a "Certified" Pre-Owned truck. I had my last truck for 18 years, so I am not up on some of the terminology.
Thank you

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To CDARam. The vehicle must be purchased through an FCA dealer and be "certified" as a CPO by them. If you bought it though a Ford dealer, you are probably SOL. If you bought privately, same same.

Contact Clay at Robbins and find out if you are eligible. The warranty is not transferrable. You bought it, you own it. But if you plan on keeping the truck for a long time it would probably make sense, since anything that breaks out of warranty will probably cost in excess of $2000 or more. that alone will pretty much cover the warranty expense.

CDARam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To CDARam. The vehicle must be purchased through an FCA dealer and be "certified" as a CPO by them. If you bought it though a Ford dealer, you are probably SOL. If you bought privately, same same.

Contact Clay at Robbins and find out if you are eligible. The warranty is not transferrable. You bought it, you own it. But if you plan on keeping the truck for a long time it would probably make sense, since anything that breaks out of warranty will probably cost in excess of $2000 or more. that alone will pretty much cover the warranty expense.

Patchelect.....That helps me a lot. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I did buy it from a Ram dealer, who was the dealer that sold it new originally.
I appreciate your tag line about Agent Orange...

Ravjay12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

And I wouldn’t be leery. Being my dad works in a dealership, you have stories of people trading in cars after 1,000 miles due to a stiff ride. Or perhaps it was a vehicle turn in due to financial issues. Who knows, but enjoy.
That’s not true. As long as you buy a certified off their lot, you’re eligible for the lifetime, and can even pass it to your kids. I purchased it with my used 2012 with 48,000 miles.

OP
OP
blazer

blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
will get some pics today
Taking it in for the amp running boards and undercover top
Got my first nick, rock kicked up on highway, nicked the top of the tail gate, she is officially broken in, lol

pic from dealer lot .........

Last edited: