Finally hit 1000 miles. Lol.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That's pretty quick. Still less than 800 on mine.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve had it almost 2 weeks...[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately it already had about 180 miles on it when I bought it. They had to do a dealer trade with another dealership that was almost 2 hours away.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm surprised they drove it. They usually truck it in case something happens.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They said if it was over a certain mileage away that they’d trailer it. Kinda wished they would’ve. Still seems kinda weird tho that my new 2018 truck had close to 200 miles on it when I got it.

Oh well, I still love it just the same. [emoji5]

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'd still call it a new truck. Lol. It's just 1 rock and they have to fix a stone chip or windshield and they rarely risk it.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd still call it a new truck. Lol. It's just 1 rock and they have to fix a stone chip or windshield and they rarely risk it.
Oh yeah, I do lol.

I kinda figured they’d rather trailer it because this truck was kind of a unicorn in a sense. I was already about as content as one could be about it ordering my new pickup because I knew it was going to be next to impossible finding one somewhere on a dealer lot to my liking and when I heard that they were no longer accepting orders on the higher-end Ram half-tons, I got extremely lucky finding this one and surprisingly it wasn’t too terribly far away so, you’d think they would’ve exhausted every precaution getting it down here unscathed because I think I did a pretty damn good job letting them know what I wanted and that I wasn’t gonna settler for less. Lol.

I’ve made my peace with the painted(not chrome) side step nerf bars and the locking lugnuts were only 50 bucks at dealer cost so I made out good. Didn’t really want the factory spray in bed liner but at least I have the lifetime warranty that covers that if it ever starts to peel, flake or chip so we’re good on that, everything else is exactly what I wanted.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
:cheers:Now what are the rules on taking pictures while you drive and speeding. I'm going to assume this was on a closed circuit and your passenger took the picture.

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep... uh huh.. mm hmm. You got it...[emoji41]

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I'm surprised they drove it. They usually truck it in case something happens.
Worked at FCA dealerships for over ten years, done hundreds (maybe thousands) of dealer trades, and I’ve trailered a car less than ten times. It’s wildly cost inefficient to do so. Driving them happens 99.9999% of the time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Worked at FXA dealerships for over ten years, done hundreds (maybe thousands) of dealer trades, and I’ve trailered a car less than ten times. It’s wildly cost inefficient to do so. Driving them happens 99.9999% of the time.
That’s too bad. It’s not like they drive them to dealerships from the factory...[emoji41]

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
That’s too bad. It’s not like they drive them to dealerships from the factory...[emoji41]

This is true, but that’s also a service you pay for ($1,395 destination charge). Transporting vehicles isn’t cheap, and trailering a vehicle is not something that they can be expected to do for free. We will typically give the customer the option if the dealership is more than 100 miles away, but 999 times out of 1,000 they opt for us to drive it once they find out the cost

OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is true, but that’s also a service you pay for ($1,395 destination charge). Transporting vehicles isn’t cheap, and trailering a vehicle is not something that they can be expected to do for free. We will typically give the customer the option if the dealership is more than 100 miles away, but 999 times out of 1,000 they opt for us to drive it once they find out the cost

Hmm, they didn’t ask me if I wanted to pay them to trailer it down here but then again, I don’t know how they brought it down because the sales manager was about as trustworthy as a fat kid guarding a cookie jar.