Finally placing my order....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
I've been procrastinating long enough. Told the dealer to put together my order and email it to me. Limited, black in and out, moonroof, E-torque hemi, 22's, level 1 Limited equipment group, limited slip, 3.21's, trailer brake controller 33 gallon tank.

Skipping - off road, trailer tow, engine block heater, electric locker. I think that's it....

alwi228

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been procrastinating long enough. Told the dealer to put together my order and email it to me. Limited, black in and out, moonroof, E-torque hemi, 22's, level 1 Limited equipment group, limited slip, 3.21's, trailer brake controller 33 gallon tank.

Skipping - off road, trailer tow, engine block heater, electric locker. I think that's it....

Nice! Ramboxes? I've got a blue limited with Ramboxes on order....hopefully going to get here before Christmas

Stubright

Reaction score
Ram Year
don't have one Yet
Engine
I have an Ivory one on order retail 67,420.00 w/ram boxes just went D1 last Friday. Should be here with in 2-months ordered 5/3/18. Tales about 3-months for a limited.

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
So I'm back in Florida and stopped by the Dodge /Ram dealer this morning in order to give him a deposit.

Much to my surprise, the truck is in D1 status with a ship date of 6/30. This is an E-torque truck. A little confusing because I thought they were on hold.

So I don't know if they are building them ahead of EPA approval and then hold them until they are approved or maybe they already are approved..... . Anyway, I might have a truck by the middle of July

Ryelinek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So I'm back in Florida and stopped by the Dodge /Ram dealer this morning in order to give him a deposit.

Much to my surprise, the truck is in D1 status with a ship date of 6/30. This is an E-torque truck. A little confusing because I thought they were on hold.

So I don't know if they are building them ahead of EPA approval and then hold them until they are approved or maybe they already are approved..... . Anyway, I might have a truck by the middle of July

Ship dates are kinda BS. Most I’ve spoken to that have placed orders and received their trucks had their ship dates change multiple times during the process, my truck included.

When did you enter into D1? How long it’s been could be a better indication for when it could hit the factory. Most people are in D1 for about 30 days. I’ve seen a few people claim their Etorque got out of D1 and into E or F but I have yet to see actual proof of that yet though.

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
I didn't ask when it showed D1. It hasn't been very long as I only ordered it on the 5to of this month. To be honest, I wouldn't have a problem with it showing up in September. I need to spend some time out if state and I was planning on heading to the Woodward Dream Cruise. That means towing my Camaro from Florida to Michigan and back. I really don't want to 'break-in" a new truck towing my car in an enclosed trailer for close to 2,800 miles right out of the chute. I'd just as soon drag it around with my F150.

SlikNik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Which model did you order and where in FL?
How much under MSRP did you get.
With dealers now placing orders on the new 19 Silverados I'm hoping Ram offers up great incentives.
Also are Ram Boxes on your order?

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
^^^^^Don't look for much in the way of incentives anytime soon. Big ones won't happen until the 2018's are pretty much gone.

I'm going through Field's in Sanford but I didn't need to negotiate as I'm able to get FFP pricing which is about 1% below invoice.

No rambox but E-torque It's a Limited. Most info in first post.

Also, check Daytona Dodge. I've bought a couple of trucks from them. They'll treat you fairly.

Last edited:

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are a number of us, on another site who went into D1 status on June 1. Whether we ordered it Mid May or May 28....we all went to D1 on June 1. Then there are some who jumped to D1 on June 15 or 16th.....some of them ordered in May or June. According to the timeline of others that are posted.......I'll bet money we all start the build process Tuesday or Wed of next week. I wouldn't be surprised if yours is in that same batch. Most of us have Limiteds or Longhorns....... just a couple of other models. As Rye said .....don't pay attention to that ship date. I have one that's June 26 and that's impossible because the build hasn't began and then it has to go to two vendors once built for bed liner/automatic running boards. I've watched that timeline with others and the vendor part is taking a week to two weeks after built. Factory to Vendor....back to factory then to second vendor...back to factory

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is there a site that I can access to watch mine? VOTS doesn't work.

I'm still kinda new here ....went looking for forum rules and I saw no mention of not being able to say this in public.......plus, I see some guys, from this forum, on the other. Go over to jeepgarage.org. Join for free or join for $25 (Level III)and it gets you tracking of your vehicle from VOTS 2-3 times a day. There is a user, over there, who has access to VOTS. There are other levels that get you more benefits, but most join just for the tracking. Guys, I did look for rules....didn't see anything where I couldn't mention another forum, so I apologize if I missed it and I can delete this

OP
OP
Jus Cruisin

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
I just don't see me using them much and I like the looks of a standard bed without the doors. I won't miss what I've never had.

The other thing, I just would worry about some knucklehead taking a prybar to them only to find there was nothing being stored in em .

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks war3t for the info. It's not worth becoming a paying member of a jeep forum I'd really not use.

I'll just bug my salesman once a week.

Understood...........but I gotta admit its real cool to actually see the shipping process.....to see where it is on the train, when the train drops it off for another train and when the actual truck picks it up to head to your dealer. Dealer would show "ready to ship".....the site would show "ready to ship" but at vendor #1 or vendor #2.....or sitting in the storage yard. But it's also "painful" to see the process.....like watching paint dry.

chrisb198

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA
Dodge.com. Then live chat They can check on the status of your truck

Dont ever rely on what they tell you...I've been in D, back to C, back to D, back to C, etc etc.

Also know of a person that was supposedly in D1 (MOTS never showed this) that Ram chat finally came back and said they were at D.

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dont ever rely on what they tell you...I've been in D, back to C, back to D, back to C, etc etc.

Also know of a person that was supposedly in D1 (MOTS never showed this) that Ram chat finally came back and said they were at D.

For me, the dealership, Ram Chat, and the guy who gives me MOTS statuses have all matched up the entire time. Except....the dealership and ram chat have given me a more detail update during the actual build phase. AFterwards, the guy who gives MOTS statuses is freaking detailed as a nat's butt while Ram Chat and dealership just shows "ready to shipped" or "shipped"

SportyJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just don't see me using them much and I like the looks of a standard bed without the doors. I won't miss what I've never had.

The other thing, I just would worry about some knucklehead taking a prybar to them only to find there was nothing being stored in em .
That's why I am on fence about getting them. I would have nothing of value in them.