First time Ram owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Free3rdgen2wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all. Greetings from El Paso.

As my username suggests, I recently became the owner of an 02 2wd regular cab SLT for free. I had a jeep, and took it to the shop, motor was blown and I didn't feel like paying for a new one.

Long story short, I traded my 88 jeep for the truck and $500 worth of tools from the snap on guy.

It has some body rust, but that's no biggie. I'm doing a full tune up this week and it needs a front passenger wheel hub.

All in all, I'm pretty stoked about having a truck. My first car ever was a 75 Duster with a 360.. so I'm happy to be back in the Mopar family.

20180216_104825.jpg

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome! Welcome to the family! Truck looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

Free3rdgen2wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome! Welcome to the family! Truck looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She's far from perfect, has that dash problem that I have read seems to be the norm on these. But nothing I can't handle.

My only concern is my wife will be done on active duty this summer and were moving to Montana. So the 2wd won't be ideal, but that duster I had was also in Montana, so I'm thinking I will be ok.

Chigurh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Put some wight in the bed and carry chains and you should be good to go for paved roads at least in The Last Best Place.