Flashing TPMS And Key Fob issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigEmpty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport 5.7L, 81k miles. Drove it yesterday as normal. As I was getting ready to come back home, I tried unlocking with my key fob and it did not respond. No flashing sidemarkers, nor did they unlock the door. I finally got right next to the vehicle within arms reach, and it worked. Cranked up fine. During the ride home, I got a chime and my TPMS started flashing. Flashed a good 5 minutes then went steady.

After getting home, I checked tires to be safe even though I suspect an electronic fault with the system. All tires checked out ok. Wireless unlocking does not work now. I have to physically unlock the door with the key. Truck still cranks on fine, however I get the TPMs flashing and then goes to steady.

I fear this is actually not a bad TPMs sensor, but a fault in maybe the WCM cause of the simulataneous key fob issue. Any ideas as to what might be the issue? I know that having the dealer diagnose won't be cheap.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk