fluid change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Comin up on 90k and looking to do the front and rear diffs again. they were done at 30k with penzoil synthetic, and the mopar additive. but i did it with a siphon tube. I wanna take the cover off this time and wipe all the crap out. questions are. Is there a magnet in there that needs to be cleaned. What kind of liquid gasket to use for the cover, and last. do you guys use the mopar additive or no? thanks

Valve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Be careful some aftermarket Synthetics have the additive mixed in.If you got a Trac-lock
yea put 4oz Of LSA in Rear.
I would just wipe cover down lint free clean cloth.
1/4 bead of mopar silicone rubber sealant or equivalent on clean flange.
9 1/4= 75w-90 front, 75w-140 rear

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The magnet is on the bottom of the pumpkin, feel around in there youll find it (thats what she said). And this guy is right ^^^^^^^ I used the grey silicon that is said to be for imports, the guy at the parts store suggested it because it doesnt completely dry like the other kinds, which makes it a little better at stopping leaks, I used the whole tube and havent had a leak.

OP
OP
badfish888

badfish888

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 hemi express
Engine
5.7L Hemi
what do u guys use, fliud wise? all fairly good? i used the penzoil cause thats what my dads been usin in his 2500 for the last 150k with no problems.