Fob not detected

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kolutek1980

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello guys,

I just found the easy way to get you going if you are stuck with "key fob not detected" and you have no spare fob or battery with you.

Firstly get inside your truck using the physical key hidden inside your fob, then simply press the start button with the black end of the fob itself. With or without the battery it works and at least you can get home.

15269412540261300825817.jpg

Douglas Walouke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello guys,

I just found the easy way to get you going if you are stuck with "key fob not detected" and you have no spare fob or battery with you.

Firstly get inside your truck using the physical key hidden inside your fob, then simply press the start button with the black end of the fob itself. With or without the battery it works and at least you can get home.

View attachment 128886

Douglas Walouke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Worked perfectly! Thanks for the tip. Have a new fob being programmed tomorrow because I’ve been getting the “key fob not detected” message more and more often. Sure enough, I pressed the Start button with the tip of the fob and PRESTO, she started right up! Thanks!