Folding mirrors at alarm arming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Djeady

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm new to forums, but wanted to ask if anyone here had any success with getting the folding mirrors to fold in and out with arming/disarming alarm? Had a friend that did this with a different vehicle by hooking in and adjusting the ecu. Anyone have any experiences doing this with a 2017 1500??

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I looked into it and then discussed it with a tech. No go here as well.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Deleted

Last edited:

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In order for the power fold to work you will need to of corse buy power folding mirrors and then replace both door modules and replace the master switch in the door panel. After you replace all the correct pieces you will need to have the power fold (LER) sales code option enabled in your BCM. In the lower trim levels the dealer cannot activate this code even though it is in your BCM. Chrysler will not allow it. You can purchase an OBD Genie from OBD genie.com to plug into your truck's OBD2 port and activate the sales code so you can have power fold mirrors. Once the code loads in your truck you remove the genie and save it in case you need to ever reenter the code. It will permanently stay in your truck unless somebody takes it out. The vehicle theft alarm (VTA) it's basically the same scenario the code is in your truck but needs to be activated. I am not sure if the dealer can do this or not and I don't think anybody makes a tool to do it yet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
thats not answering the OP's question he is asking if it can automatically go in and out with lock and unlock of the remote. what you stated there is how to add them to a lower trim.

Op this could be done with an aftermarket unit that has extra channels, but not a factory setup.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thats not answering the OP's question he is asking if it can automatically go in and out with lock and unlock of the remote. what you stated there is how to add them to a lower trim.

Op this could be done with an aftermarket unit that has extra channels, but not a factory setup.
Lol thanks. I totally miss read his post. I'm going to delete my post.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't see why not. Find the trigger wire for the mirrors, and the trigger for the door locks, run a pair of relays (or a Directed 451M) to tie them together.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't see why not. Find the trigger wire for the mirrors, and the trigger for the door locks, run a pair of relays (or a Directed 451M) to tie them together.

If you can find a wire that only work with the FOB then that may work. Its usually easier said then done.

if you did that with the lock wires at the switch then every time you pressed it they would go in or out.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you can find a wire that only work with the FOB then that may work. Its usually easier said then done.

if you did that with the lock wires at the switch then every time you pressed it they would go in or out.

True, I didn't think about that. Of course I never hit the lock button, and only use the FOB.