Fox 2.0 Coil-overs adjustment??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Do I have to pull them to adjust them about a 1.5 inches? Do I really have to buy a press to do so or can I take the weight off and adjust! Don’t know if I can tighten it that much or is coil too tight to compress? Was hoping to just put it on the lift and take weight off to crank them up? All brands are different...only wanted Fox info please. Thank ya much guys

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You didn’t get any instructions?

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Nope! Nothing lol

Forcepro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You need the spanner nut wrenches. You shouldn't need to pull them out, just jack it up to get the pressure off the spring.

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m hoping i’m Able to crank them up with just a Spanner wrench. I ordered two just in case lol.
There is only ONE YouTube video of a guy adjusting them and he pulled them and put them into a press to adjust the jam nut. Hope he’s just an amateur lol.
Anyone else with Fox coil overs know if I can just crank them?

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the ones you have require you to remove, decompress the coil, then adjust. I swear there has been a discussion about this here in the past but I couldn't find it.

whats your part number?

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Part #983-02-050
I was hoping to be able to adjust them without pulling them. The shop that did them doesn’t have a press so looks like I might need to buy one lol....I dunno? I would like an inch but it’s nit a must. Just has more rake than I like. Hhhmmm??

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I looked for a thread too. Couldn’t find one either?? I emailed Fox but never heard back. Not much info on the web and of course it comes with no instructions on adjustment lol

will846

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Part #983-02-050
I was hoping to be able to adjust them without pulling them. The shop that did them doesn’t have a press so looks like I might need to buy one lol....I dunno? I would like an inch but it’s nit a must. Just has more rake than I like. Hhhmmm??

I have the same coilover and the same question. Lol

After installing them the truck still is not level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what i’ve Heard you gotta pull them and press the coils to turn the jam nut. Kinda sucks lol

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I agree that’s a lot of work out thing on, taking off, adjusting, test fit
,adjust again....and so on

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hope this helps, I've been googling for a while but I found some info

"with the truck jacked up, the fox wrench that comes with coil overs is junk. May be good for a few turns but will bend eventually. I was forced to use channel locks (yes they boogered up the ring) but honestly don't know that there is a real tool for this type of preload ring anyway. Once the coilover is installed and while truck is still jacked, only then can you adjust. Spray some pb blaster round the ring/threads. Loosen the Allen (maybe 1/16th inch gap) and then try turning the ring. Hopefully only down as up is much harder."

"I am not sure which way you are adjusting, but I called Fox to ask about adjustments. The installation guide has steps to adjust the height while unloaded and installed on the truck. The tech rep stated that 4 full turns on the collar equals 1/2" in ride height adjustment. "

BUT DONT GET TOO EXCITED BECAUSE.....
http://www.ramforum.com/f40/questions_those_fox_2_0_coilovers-86764/
WHICH WILL LEAD YOU HERE
https://www.f150forum.com/f38/fox-2-0-adjustment-must-read-if-you-have-considering-these-323518/

It looks like it is possible BUT you may strip out the collar doing so and it is recommended to use a spring compressor.

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would pull them because they're probably aluminum and could strip the threads. But I like to err on the side of caution.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hope this helps, I've been googling for a while but I found some info

"with the truck jacked up, the fox wrench that comes with coil overs is junk. May be good for a few turns but will bend eventually. I was forced to use channel locks (yes they boogered up the ring) but honestly don't know that there is a real tool for this type of preload ring anyway. Once the coilover is installed and while truck is still jacked, only then can you adjust. Spray some pb blaster round the ring/threads. Loosen the Allen (maybe 1/16th inch gap) and then try turning the ring. Hopefully only down as up is much harder."

"I am not sure which way you are adjusting, but I called Fox to ask about adjustments. The installation guide has steps to adjust the height while unloaded and installed on the truck. The tech rep stated that 4 full turns on the collar equals 1/2" in ride height adjustment. "

BUT DONT GET TOO EXCITED BECAUSE.....
http://www.ramforum.com/f40/questions_those_fox_2_0_coilovers-86764/
WHICH WILL LEAD YOU HERE
https://www.f150forum.com/f38/fox-2-0-adjustment-must-read-if-you-have-considering-these-323518/

It looks like it is possible BUT you may strip out the collar doing so and it is recommended to use a spring compressor.

maybe them stripping out is why someone said to compress spring, I just don't remember exactly

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You just need to take the weight off of it and you should be able to use a spanner wrench to preload the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Big help Nick. Well I tried to jack Mine up on the lift and see if I could adjust. Turned the nut a full turn with the junk wrench I got and it started to bend a little. It adjusts but it’s not easy. I dint want to go any further without some more research. Wanted to make sure I wasn’t gonna damage them. The tool is aluminum and cheap, then other tool available is only 3/8 drive so they aren’t very heavy duty lol....I wish they made coil compressor that fit these springs so I could put them up in there and compress them while they are on the truck. My tool was too small. Fox coils were bigger and rounder than my stock. Hhhmmm??

michaelrc51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I would assume the tool they supply is aluminum so you can't damage the collar. If they provided a steel one you would be able to really crank on it and could damage the collar.

I remember some people who said they adjusted them on the vehicle, they just jacked it up so the load was off of the spring. I never adjusted the ones I had.

It sucks but I would pull them off and compress the spring and make your adjustments. Or, you could use a steal spanner wrench but beware you can damage the aluminum collar if you're not careful.

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My only problem is I guess i’ll Have to go buy a press. Neither shop I use has one and NO way i’m Going to dealer for that one?? Lol. Wish they made a spring compressor to fit them standard ones don’t fit. Spring width is bigger than normal spring. On the internet dude made a jig to put the spring in an upright press...hhhmmm??

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I looked at the 2.0's for the adjust-ability.....then I found out you need to compress the spring or risk stripping the threads....no thanks.