Fox 2.0 Coil-overs adjustment??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
I agree....

madrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Late response here but the 2.0 coilovers have a single collar design, so they have to be removed and compressed. I am in the same boat as I cannot find any rental tool to compress them. If you try the spanner wrench on the single collar without compressing them, it will destroy the threads.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
G
Late response here but the 2.0 coilovers have a single collar design, so they have to be removed and compressed. I am in the same boat as I cannot find any rental tool to compress them. If you try the spanner wrench on the single collar without compressing them, it will destroy the threads.

Kinda defeats the purpose of buying coil overs.

bruiserRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Not to bum out the OP further, but this is one of the reasons I decided on going with Icon coilovers instead of Fox. Icon's ave the ability to adjust the spring preload while on the vehicle with their spanner wrench. The adjustable spring seat/nut is on top of the spring so it's accessible through the wheel well, above the tire, behind the UCA. Seems like a good system. That said, I have not got them in the mail yet, so I have no idea if it's legit!

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You won't have that issue going with 2.5 CO's, the way the adjuster collar is designed is different in the 2.5's compared to the 2.0's, 2.0's seem to be a ****** to adjust mounted, never had those so i have no idea how tough they're to adjust, I know Radflo and Icon will turn like butter (spray PB oil around the threads before installing them 1st time so they move easier), we'll see how King does it soon.

This are the Fox 2.0 in a F150, don't know if the collar looks the same in the RAM application, but my god

Last edited:

PerfectCreature

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You won't have that issue going with 2.5 CO's, the way the adjuster collar is designed is different in the 2.5's compared to the 2.0's, 2.0's seem to be a ****** to adjust mounted, never had those so i have no idea how tough they're to adjust, I know Radflo and Icon will turn like butter (spray PB oil around the threads before installing them 1st time so they move easier), we'll see how King does it soon.

This are the Fox 2.0 in a F150, don't know if the collar looks the same in the RAM application, but my god
I have a set of these at home right now, just got them delivered and can upload a photo for comparison purposes later tonight.

PerfectCreature

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Didn’t get a chance to post a photo, but the coil looks identical to the one in the video.
I’ll nab a few tomorrow afternoon when I get a change to unpack them.

PerfectCreature

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As a side note, the Fox tech recommended compressing them to adjust the spring tension. Not sure if that helps anyone out or not.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a set of these at home right now, just got them delivered and can upload a photo for comparison purposes later tonight.
Did they come with a wrench to adjust height if needed?
Do you know if they come preset at 2" for the RAM 1500 application?
I can't find anything else that can show how to adjust them besides that F150 youtube video.

PerfectCreature

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did they come with a wrench to adjust height if needed?
Do you know if they come preset at 2" for the RAM 1500 application?
I can't find anything else that can show how to adjust them besides that F150 youtube video.
When I spoke to the tech, they advised they come with 2" lift from the factory, I assume that its for each application? I counted 38 threads from the bottom of the coil to the bottom of the nut. Not sure how to verify that it is 2" lifted?
I do know that it was recommended to compress the spring and then adjust with the wrench, that it was not ideal to try and adjust any other way.
It did not come with a wrench, but it can be bought for like $60 or something like that.

I will try to get some photos up this afternoon, I just did not have time when I got home.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think one issue was members couldn’t find a coil compressor that fit the coil spring itself, maybe the diameter is larger

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I spoke to the tech, they advised they come with 2" lift from the factory, I assume that its for each application? I counted 38 threads from the bottom of the coil to the bottom of the nut. Not sure how to verify that it is 2" lifted?
I do know that it was recommended to compress the spring and then adjust with the wrench, that it was not ideal to try and adjust any other way.
It did not come with a wrench, but it can be bought for like $60 or something like that.

I will try to get some photos up this afternoon, I just did not have time when I got home.

K, should be 2" for the RAM application then, just like the Rancho QL's, if you don't need/want more than that, then you don't have to mess with the collar adjuster, though It's messed up they'll make a coilover that won't allow you to turn that collar without compressing the spring, that's the whole point of buyind adjustable coilovers, i'd assume that it should be easier to go down as you won't be fighting the coil preload, but going up you'll need to compress the spring. It's not recommended on those struts to go beyond 2" lift anyways as that will exceed the spring preload and she'll ride way too harsh, so 2" should be their max.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think one issue was members couldn’t find a coil compressor that fit the coil spring itself, maybe the diameter is larger

Yeah, the coil is super thick and and the gaps in between are too small for a coil spring compressor to fit, but typically you wouldn't need them as you just need to take the tension out of the spring using the collar adjuster, except for the Fox 2.0 CO's

I've never done a coilover rebuild, but have been looking into it when the times come, seems fun and not very complicated, you can see here how to take the spring out of the body, couldn't be any easier in the 2.5 CO's :)

Last edited: