Fox 2.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tanktop

Reaction score
I had previously posted I was putting King 2.5’s on my truck but after talking with multiple people I came to the conclusion that for my use it was mass overkill (very cool though but unnecessary). So my Fox 2.0 coilovers and 2.0 tears shocks just arrived. They will be going on with Total Chaos UCAs as soon as my shop can get me in. Also thinking about Carli rear springs but I’ll drive it a bit before I make that decision.

Side question, Carli and Thuren both make a kit for the rear stabilizer bar. Do they serve different purposes or address the same issue differently, also are they necessary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RVA Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't answer your question other than I have the Fox 2.0 rears and did not upgrade the rear SW links and have not had any issue. I would recommend the Thuren rear shock nut set. Otherwise you will need to sacrifice a wrench and cut it in half to fit between the frame and the bed.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had horrible luck with the Fox rear shocks. 40xxx miles max and they started squeeking. I got 120xxx out of my first set of fronts. I have 30xxx on the second set of 2.0's. Zone upper control arms. Ball joint was still perfect at 120xxx, but changed it anyways because front end was apart. I got 106xxx miles out of the Cooper AT3 275/65/20 10ply tires. Can't say enough about the FOX coilovers and Zone control arms. Tires started getting louder about 90xxx but tread said to keep running them. Pictures are of two different tires, but all 4 are in the same wear depth.2018-03-08-09-13-37.jpg 2018-03-08-09-13-50.jpg

OP
OP
T

tanktop

Reaction score
Fox 2.0’s installed front and rear with TC UCA’s. For now I think it’s GTG, aligned and running good.

Initial review, under 35 small imperfections in the road feel about the same. Over 35 small stuff disappears and big bumps in the road, whoops and transitions are a drastic improvement in ride quality. Now I need to get onto a washboard road...

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fox 2.0 coilovers seem to be very underrated. I think people are afraid of the price.
Bilstein shocks seem to be overrated. I think people buy them because they're inexpensive. To me they are not much different than a spacer.

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
the best solution I have found with the sway bar is leaving it off. I’ve tried it with several configurations

Oem, w and w/o sway
bilstien 5100, w and w/o sway
Bilstien + icon progressive coil, w and w/o sway
Icon coil + Icon 2.0 resi, w and w/o sway

JimfromAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't answer your question other than I have the Fox 2.0 rears and did not upgrade the rear SW links and have not had any issue. I would recommend the Thuren rear shock nut set. Otherwise you will need to sacrifice a wrench and cut it in half to fit between the frame and the bed.

Thanks on the suggestion of the thuren rear nut set. You helped.

Bulldog4xFour

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
I had previously posted I was putting King 2.5’s on my truck but after talking with multiple people I came to the conclusion that for my use it was mass overkill (very cool though but unnecessary). So my Fox 2.0 coilovers and 2.0 tears shocks just arrived. They will be going on with Total Chaos UCAs as soon as my shop can get me in. Also thinking about Carli rear springs but I’ll drive it a bit before I make that decision.

Side question, Carli and Thuren both make a kit for the rear stabilizer bar. Do they serve different purposes or address the same issue differently, also are they necessary?

How do you like the Fox Shocks? I'm in the same situation where I'm looking at either 2.5 Icons, or the 2.0 fox shocks. The Icons might be overkill for me, but I worried I will get the foxs shocks and wish I went with the Icons.

JimfromAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do you like the Fox Shocks? I'm in the same situation where I'm looking at either 2.5 Icons, or the 2.0 fox shocks. The Icons might be overkill for me, but I worried I will get the foxs shocks and wish I went with the Icons.

I'm in the same situation as you. I'm going to go with my gut on this and splurge for the Icon though. Talk to Nick from gotexhaust.com on here. Awesome to deal with and he will point you in the right direction

Bulldog4xFour

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
I'm in the same situation as you. I'm going to go with my gut on this and splurge for the Icon though. Talk to Nick from gotexhaust.com on here. Awesome to deal with and he will point you in the right direction

Yeah my gut is telling me the same thing about going with the Icons, post how the Icon ride when you put them on. I want to know how they compare to stock for daily driving.

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Personally I would go with King, when you get up in to that price range a couple hundred dollars shouldn’t be the deciding factor. Had kings on my last truck and they never disappointed

Ramsolid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 v8 gasser
I was able to do it with a stubby

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Let us know if we can help with any suspension mods. We actually have great knowledge of suspensions as we are all off road enthusiast here and have all been on some runs. There is a some great options for all budgets. We offer Icon, Fox, Thuren tuned King, and Bilstein to name a few of the many options. The Icon stage kits with their UCA's is a combo thats hard to beat for the money.

If anyone needs some assistance shoot me a message.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Might want to consider pairing up the Fox 2.0 rears with Bilstein 6112s. They are beefier than Fox fronts, are 0-2.6" adjustable.

I have Zone UCAs, am dumping my Bilstein 5100s and putting on the 6112s, and putting Fox 2.0s in the back. Regarding Icon, I would have gone with stage IV/V if they offered a rear shock with a 2-3" ride height, and I hadn't already had the Zone UCAs. Never heard of Kings until this thread.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the fox 2.0 resevoir shocks in the rear of my truck. Total waste of money if you ask me. Resevoir shocks are for baja, not daily driving. Mine are also very stiff. Were on it when i bought it.