From Belltech 2/4 back to stock: what I miss and what I don't

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ak47bravo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I just got my truck back to stock this past weekend. (that front upper ball joint was a HUGE PITA)

I was running a Belltech 2/4, Hellwig rear sway bar, MOOG F150 Front end sway bar end links, Spohn Adjustable panhard bar, air lift bags, and the street performance shocks in the rear.

I also had the Mufflex 18" muffler. (Which I am sure caused a certain level of vibrations)

First impressions since the truck has been back to stock. WOW.... it is so smooth and so quiet. I do not just mean hitting bumps it is smooth, but also smoother through the gas pedal and steering wheel.

The truck definitely tracks better (could not get the alignment within factory spec with the previous setup). Definitely a lot more body roll on turns and overall feels more soft.

I had my truck lowered for over a year. I drove a mix of highway and also a lot of city. I drove on smooth roads and absolute garbage Louisiana roads too.

I do think the truck looks much worse now.... I think ALL RCSB should had little space between the wheel and the fender. In a CCSB the space does not bother me. I guess the proportions make more sense. But there is something about a little RCSB having 5+ inches of space in the wheel well that looks dumb to me.

No more creaks either. Though I guess you are bound to make noise when your ride is lowered and things are much stiffer. I think the sway bar is what made the most noise towards the end of me having that truck lowered. At least it sounded like it was the sway bar, but I am not 100% sure.

JJJones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
nice truck Gary. lot's of good info. where do you get the no cut brkts.? do all lowering kits cut off brackets . I was going to use Mcgaughy's deluxe spindle 2/4 kit, but i would rather not cut brackets in case I want to go back. as always thanks for the info. JJ

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
nice truck Gary. lot's of good info. where do you get the no cut brkts.? do all lowering kits cut off brackets . I was going to use Mcgaughy's deluxe spindle 2/4 kit, but i would rather not cut brackets in case I want to go back. as always thanks for the info. JJ

Thanks. The Illicit no cut brackets can be bought from Moes or Illicit Customs. The only things that have to be cut off when lowering a truck is the bumpstops.

georgeramrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i have a 14 rt with2/4 lowering with qa1 shocks illicit brackets with magnaflow muffler. I have a noise in truck when truck is going between 60/70 mph. the noise only comes on when the truck looses power after going over a bridge or when downshifting from 70 to 69 etc, noise stops at 60mph and at 70 mph. it sounds like exhaust but not sure. makes no difference weather in 6/7/8/or overdrive, any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have a 14 rt with2/4 lowering with qa1 shocks illicit brackets with magnaflow muffler. I have a noise in truck when truck is going between 60/70 mph. the noise only comes on when the truck looses power after going over a bridge or when downshifting from 70 to 69 etc, noise stops at 60mph and at 70 mph. it sounds like exhaust but not sure. makes no difference weather in 6/7/8/or overdrive, any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks

can you describe the noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

georgeramrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
it sounds like gravel in exhaust pipe or loose inside of cat. noise comes from passenger side of truck cab but may be traveling the hole exhaust, have all of the cats on the truck. thanks for your time

Heatman13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 longhorn
Engine
getting ready to drop mine with the 2/4 belltech kit, but will change out the shocks with the bilstein 4600 and 5100 after reading your info