Front IFS compatability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OhYou_

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know the difference between the C205FD IFS center section in the Ram 1500s, and the C205F center section in a Durango?
It's almost impossible to find a wrecked 4x4 sheep where I am, but I can find a few Durangos.
Reason being is that I want to have a few spares to keep in my toolbox to swap out when one splits the housing in half or creates a two piece output shaft.
It also seems that the engine mounts need the front center section present and in one piece or the engine will go all floppy.

OP
OP
O

OhYou_

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Drove out a couple hours today to pick up some out of a 1500 from a junkyard. Only got one out, but I compared it to a durango one, and they are not the same.

The mounting points are different, I didnt have time to dig further, but they look about the same otherwise.

Edit: to add, I do not believe the C205F housing can be modified to be used on a Ram either.
Passengers side mount appears to be the same, drivers side rear mount is missing a bolt hole, but can probably be modified to fit, but the drivers side front can not. New material would have to be welded on, and this mount point is needed. Without it, it will have enough leverage to break its way free.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio