Front Speakers Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hootie3366

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
How's it going? I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi with the Infiniti sound system. Everything stock the way it came, including the main radio. The other day both my front door speakers stopped working. The smaller speakers on the dash still work, the rear speakers too. What's going on w/ the front door speakers? I opened the deck, wiggled the wires, nothing. Is there a fuse for the front door speakers? My battery went dead a few days ago and I jumped my truck, not sure if that could have something to do w/it. This is driving me nuts! Any info would be great. Thanks.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Speakers aren’t fused. Chances are your factory amp took a dump.

OP
OP
H

hootie3366

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Today early in the morning, the speakers were randomly playing during a song w/high bass.... Only for split seconds (sound was highly muffled), then it stopped. Didn't happen again, even w/the same song.

Hmmmmm.....

BigBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
On my stock front speakers the wire the that comes from the metal clip that the connector plugs into came loose. You will have to take the speaker out to look at it. But during certain songs if the bass was loud enough to rattle the doors or if I hit a bump the wire would touch the metal clip and play for a split second and sound muffled.