Front to Rear Brake Line Size and Fittings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corndwg01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know what size the fittings are for the front to rear brake line on my 2006 Mega Cab? I bought 1/4" line with M12x1 fittings (which were super hard to come by) and the front connection at the little brass 90 degree box is leaking like crazy. I cut the end off and reformed my flare and it's still leaking. It seems like the line is too loose in the fitting or something.

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
This is a wild guess it just not be metric but standard size.Some if your metric sizes are real close to standard size .This is just incase you didn't know.

OP
OP
C

Corndwg01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I figured out it is 1/4" line and the fittings are M12x1 bubble flare. (it's a bubble flare fitting, but with a standard double flare on the line) Those fittings are next to impossible to find. Through my internet research I was only able to find two or three companies that even made them. You won't find them at the local national auto parts chains. I ended up reusing my original fittings even though I kind of rounded off one taking it loose and chewed up the other one putting it in a vise to get the line out of it. It was that, order the fittings and wait 3 or 4 days, or make a 2+ hour round trip drive to get them.

For anyone that runs across this in the future, here's some part numbers:
Fed Hill Part: M8-4
http://store.fedhillusa.com/m84.aspx

SUR&R Part: BR2200
https://www.grainger.com/product/52HH09?

14RAM1500BG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered a new brake line from the Dodge dealer. It was not that expensive. I had to remove my fuel tank to get to it though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye