Fuel Economy

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by U-LUZE, Sep 5, 2016.

Sponsored By: Moe's Performance
  1. U-LUZE

U-LUZE Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Hey Guys....

About to pull the trigger on a 2016 Ram 1500 crew with the 5.7 and 3.92 gears. I am looking at having it lifted 6" with 35s on it right from the dealer. Any idea what the MPGs would be with this set up with the 8 speed? I know ..... I'm not buying the truck for fuel economy. I currently have a Procharged Jeep SRT so I'm used to great fuel economy. :) Anyway, just curious what I might be getting into with this set up?

2. LifeSTRONG

LifeSTRONG Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I have a 4.7 with 3.55 6 speed 6 inch lift with 35 mids. If I'm not on highway I range about 15 to 16 mpg. So having 3.92 with hemi I'd say you would slightly get better mpg. I'm sure someone will chime in soon with your exact setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. U-LUZE

U-LUZE Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Thanks! What about on the highway? I understand the MPGs on my SRT being it's a 600whp monster. I just wouldn't want to be worse in this set up. In town with my Jeep I'm like 13.5 combined.

4. chipmaker

chipmaker Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I have that truck minus the 6" lift. I get 15mpg consistently with mixed driving for over 10k miles.

5. U-LUZE

U-LUZE Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Thank you for the feedback. I get about 13.5 mixed in the Grand Cherokee. Do you know roughly what you're getting on the highway?

6. CUtigerfan

CUtigerfan Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I had 3.55s on my truck and I'll go ahead and tell you pushing 35s sucked. It's hard to explain but the truck lost a lot of its get up and go. Maybe it was sensing the load of the tires but it was hit or miss on whether or not it would downshift when you got on it. So I would say 3.92s are a must. I was only getting 12.5 hand calculated with mixed driving. I ended up getting a Vararam intake and Moes 87mm ported throttle body with a Diablosport intune and had a hemifever tune written. Night and day difference and I picked up 2mpg. May not be a ton but of difference but with the added drivability the mileage was an added bonus.

7. Kid's HEMI! !!

Kid's HEMI! !! Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Diablo is the answer . My 14 5.7 35s 7"lift and 3.21 gear getting the same or better then stock now getting about 20 mpg at 80

8. 6.7CumminsDrvr

6.7CumminsDrvr Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    13ish around town
    16ish all hwy ( I drive around 80ish), just sniffed 17 this weekend cruising to the coast

Check Fuelly, I log every tank..........

Handyman likes this.
  9. U-LUZE

U-LUZE Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I have the Trinity already, just need to pay Diablo to unmarry it. I'll need to get a new PCM though, correct?

10. U-LUZE

U-LUZE Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Was just quoted $5,899 for a 4" lift with wheels and tires from the stealership I'm looking to buy the truck at. Seems high to me? I was quoted $5,950 for a 4" BDS, wheels/tires/ and painted bushwacker flares from an area custom truck shop (probably one of the same ones they use).