Fuel Problem, not the fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

pwebyd90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L magnum
Wife came home and wanted to start it because she missed it lol, so I was looking at the motor while she started it and noticed something odd.. When it died, a puff of white/grey smoke came up and out of the air filter housing.. What the heck is that about?

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How's your oil consumption? A vacuum leak and black smoke coming out the tailpipe kinda sounds like a plenum gasket failure. I've never heard of that causing all the issues you've been having but hey, anything could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DodgeHimRamHer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Wife came home and wanted to start it because she missed it lol, so I was looking at the motor while she started it and noticed something odd.. When it died, a puff of white/grey smoke came up and out of the air filter housing.. What the heck is that about?

Out of the filter itself, or around the intake manifold?

OP
OP
P

pwebyd90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L magnum
I had the filter housing off of it trying to figure out what the hell was going on, so when it died the smoke came straight up out of the throttle body