Fuel pump problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Kimberly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 2004 Ram 1500 4.7L and I was driving fine, backed into parking spot and truck started stuttering and eventually stalled. Now it turns over but does not start. Can’t hear fuel pump running, fuse is fine and relay appears ok also. Why all of sudden pump stops? Worked perfectly prior to stall. Please any advice is appreciated!!

Charger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It can happen just like that. Take something and wack the tank where the pump is, that might get it going. Best bet is to rent a fuel pressure gauge and attach it to the Schrader valve on the fuel rail. 50 psi is the norm I think. Hope this helps

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Keep in mind the pump will only run for 5-7 seconds when the ignition is turned on. Pretty much takes two people, one to take the gas cap off and listen while the other turns the ignition on. Pump, injectors and coils are powered by the ASD relay.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Mine did the exact same thing. Started just fine and drove to a friends house, shut it off while I ran inside for about 15 min and when I came back out to leave it started and died immediately. Once it died it would just crank over and not start. I was lucky enough to be able to pull my bed off with a fork truck so it made the job a little easier. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikecollins

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Ram 1500
Engine
Did either one of yall get it figured out, try holding pedal to floor while cranking puts it in flood clear mode and shuts off fuel, mine will cranl lile this but if rpm falls below 1500 or put it in gear and it dies