Fuel pump wire harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

870master

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 v8 360
hey all,

while fixing a blown out brake line i had to drop the gas tank. I figured i would replace the fuel pump while i was there and because some connections broke in the process..... now, i am aware on the 6 pin to 4 pin electrical adapter for the fue pump, however here lies my problem.

I cut the wires to the electrical connection because i need a new connector. I can not however find a new 6 pin connection/ harness. Can i re-pin a 4 pin connector and use only the wires that are needed or is there a 6 pin harness out there that i can splice together?

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
You can use the 4 pin connector, you'll just have to splice a couple wires together.

First, the dark green/black wire from pin 1 on the six pin connector will connect to the dark green/black on pin 4 of the 4 pin connector.

Second, the black wire on pin 6 and the black/white on pin 4 of the six pin, splice together and connect to the black wire on pin 1 of the four pin connector.

Third, the black/light blue wire from pin 5 of the six pin connector connects to the black/light blue wire on pin 2 of the four pin connector.

Lastly, the dark blue/white on pin 2 and dark blue/orange on pin 3 on the six pin connector splice together and connect to the dark blue/white wire on pin 3 of the four pin connector.

OP
OP

870master

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 v8 360
Dudeman, you sir are in-fact THEE Man

Thank you sir, that is a big help.