Gauges flickering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02blueram76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi i have a 1999 1500 i have recently done a 5 speed swap but thats besides the point i think i have it all put together and it runs and drives but the odometer flashes and the needles move up and down slightly when u turn the key on and when truck is running it is the same thing also the windows dont roll up or down whipers dont work and 1 turn singnal doest work what could this be im thinking ground but i have no idea where to look any help would be apretiated

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
Try to avoid getting overwhelmed. Start with the easiest thing first and sectionalize.

Windows are the easiest as they dont deal with the dash or steering column.

Then troubleshoot the wipers, they do operate from the multifunction switch, but are not tied to the weird lighting system.

Then move on to the turn signal, then the instrument cluster.

I doubt its a ground issue, there are different ground points for the instrument cluster, lights and windows.

Both turn signals share the same ground, as well as the same supply. One not working indicates a problem with the multifunction switch, this may also be the problem for the wipers. The windows will have to be diagnosed separately.