Get this,the wife said I can order a new 2018 1500 or a 2500, give me some pointers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Markcuda

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
My Ram has 26,200 miles.
The new Ram will not have a sun roof.
Delete sprayed in bed liner.

transam210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's strange you claim to know that many people that own Rebels, let alone all with leather. I looked at several Rebels before I decided on the one I bought, and none of them had leather. I asked the dealer about it and they said leather is not an option on the Rebel. My girlfriend bought a black Rebel and has the same cloth/vinyl seats, although hers are all black and not black/red like mine are. Not calling you out, just trying to get accurate information.

As to the OP's original question, You'll probably have buyers remorse either way you go. It sounds like you have your heart set on a3/4 ton so you might as well just get that and don't look back.

Sorry for your luck, you should have gone to a better dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dRAMbuie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Are these rumors based on anything more than internet speculation because none of the current 8sp transmissions, including the one in the hellcat, are rated for the GCWR of a 2500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything is always just speculation until FCA makes an official announcement.
However with the redesign coming in 2019 and the fact that other auto manufacturers are making the move toward more gears (Ford and GM's 10 speed for example), it does make sense that RAM will take a closer look at beefing up the 8 speed for heavier duty use.
Whether or not it will still be a ZF product at that point remains to be seen.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Ram has 26,200 miles.
The new Ram will not have a sun roof.
Delete sprayed in bed liner.

I really like the sun roof but I made sure my new truck did not have one, sooner or later they all leak and I tend to keep my vehicles a long time.

I also like the sprayed in box liner and the dealer did mine (through Line-X). With a rubber bed mat, so my cargo don't slide around, it can't be beat. What don't you like about them?

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
When I went RAM shopping I was surprised at how I just do not fit with a sunroof, and I really wanted one. One thing I miss is the panoramic from the last ride.....

I think leaks are a thing of the past (or maybe happen on aftermarket), my last eight cars had em and a couple I kept for more than ten years with no leaks.....

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are several guys on the F150 forum I belong to that are having issues with their new truck sunroofs leaking. Hopefully the Ram ones are better.

OP
OP
Markcuda

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
What don't you like about them?
I'm assuming you mean the sprayed in bed liner?
I have a DeeZee mat in my bed, nothing moves, I just want the sides sprayed but that won't happen from the factory.
I may have a aftermarket company spray it on.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Just a update, the new 2018 Ram Laramie Longhorn gets ordered on Saturday.
The last truck I ordered was a 2001 Ram diesel.

I'm laughing because i came on there taking about how the wife is finally giving the thumbs up on you ordering a new 2500 Laramie Cummins with all the bells and whistles and now you are ending up with the same truck you currently have but three years newer and a sunroof that will eventually leak.

I am one that doesn't mind the bit harsher ride on the HD trucks. The reality is that i only notice the stiffness when in a parking lot going over the speed bumps. My 2500 6.4 rides nice on the city streets and especially on the interstates.

My recommendation is to go test drive a 2500 Mega Cab Diesel I bet you order one after that.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love my mega cab- tons of room

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
I'm not getting a sun roof, where did I say I was?

Well, maybe you didn't. I thought you were part of that conversation on sunroofs. Guess not. My bad.

Here is the reason i think you will eventually regret getting another 1500. This is what you posted earlier in the thread. It is pretty cut and dry what you really want.

"I hear what you are saying, I don't need a diesel, I also don't need the power that the 6.4 puts out, but I want want want want.
Here's the deal, if I knew I could get 20 MPG on the 6.4, like I do on my 5.7, I would go gasser.
I am spoilt from my 5.7, I will be giving up a beautiful car like ride going 2500.
But, if I do go 2500, I must get the better of the 2 MPG motors."

OP
OP
Markcuda

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
Here is the reason i think you will eventually regret getting another 1500.
I did a lot of thinking this week, I do NOT need a 2500, no matter what motor.
I am a ****, I do NOT want to lose the car like ride the 1500 gives.
Now, If I had a 10.000 pound trailer NOW, a 2500 it would be, but I don't.
8:15 A.M. Saturday, we order the beauty.

OP
OP
Markcuda

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
Here she is.
These tires will be on it the day after I pick it up.
When I built the truck on the Ramtruck website, I could not add these Mopar bodyside molding but they will be put on before pickup.
My truck theme will still be chrome.

Attachments

• 2018 Ram.jpg
    2018 Ram.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 27
  • discovererat3.jpg
    discovererat3.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 29
  • Mopar Bodyside Molding.jpg
    Mopar Bodyside Molding.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited: