Give me your thoughts on door speakers and amps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKreed22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Want to upgrade the speakers in the truck just wondering what set ups you have and if you like what you got? Thanks!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
the best thing you can do its go to a store that has different speakers hooked up and listen to them and see what you like because honestly not everybody likes the same thing.

For instance in my 05 once I put in an aftermarket deck with a sub I was happy with the stock speaker in the doors

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Soo..... I've got the infinity stock system in my dodge and I want to replace all the door speakers and the dash speakers, wat size are the ones in the front doors?

Incredible 2 on the move!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
6x9's in the front doors

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow really? I thought they were some odd ball round speaker lol a buddy of mine does custom car audio and said if I wanted he could fit 8 inch mids in those spots..... Would cost $100 not counting the speakers...... Think that would be a good deal?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
How much would he have to modify the door?

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Idk lol I told him I wanted it to look completely stock and he said he could do it. I guess he'd have to bore out the inner door frame and check for clearance while install? I haven't pulled the door panel off to look myself.

OP
OP
A

AKreed22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Yea im stationed in a ******** town so i the closest thing is a hr n half away, i had jl 6x9s in one of my old trucks but i was young and broke so i just spliced those speakers into the stock wires. I wanna do it right this time, probably go JL again unless someone else has put something in that they really like which is why i posted thread.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
Soo..... I've got the infinity stock system in my dodge and I want to replace all the door speakers and the dash speakers, wat size are the ones in the front doors?

I think Chithead has put some 8s in doors of his maybe send a PM his way.

SnoRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just finished my audio system install yesterday. I went with Polk audio and really like them. 3.5' 2ways in the dash, 6.5' components in the front doors and 5.25" 2ways in rear doors.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
my home stereo is Polk. Love Polk

Cyberbeast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will tell you polk is the best I used to own a 2004 350z with polk audio mids, highs, and subs. I invested over $6k. It had DVD screen, Custom plexi glass box, capacitors, kicker amps, and coustom install. I spared no expense. However My Ram sounds just as good with a fraction of the cost.

This is what I installed in my 07 Hemi and didnt break the bank. My deck is a Jensen VM9512--7in dvd screen. I replace all the factory speakers with Jensen 6X9's and Jensen 6.5's in the back. I added DB drive 1" tweeters to my doors. I have a speed series 4 channel x 125 watt amp at 4 ohms for my mids and highs. The I have a speed series 1000 watt mono amp for my 2 DB drive 600 watt subs at 2 ohms under my back seat.
I bought the Jensen deck 4 years ago for $400 delivered via ebay.
Jensen 6x9's $50 the pair
Jensen 6.5 coaxial $29 the pair
The 500 db drive 4 ch was $179
I bought the 2 10" DB dive subs, Box, and DB drive 1000 mono for $399
The DB drive tweeters were $40 bucks.

I bought the amp kit on line for $60 on ebay. The Radio kit for $20 on ebay. Then i bought a 2 farad capacitor.
My sound system sounds killer and i saved about 4k compared to my nissan.

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
speakers have come a long way...LOL You can get good sounding stuff and it doesn't have to break the bank anymore

Cyberbeast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, better believe it. My dad buys that pyramid crap and still sounds louder than me. However, his crap heats up and cuts off. Then no music until it cools. What i have is enough.
I cant live without sound systems. The sound system was my first investment. Although i used jensen it still sounds strong and no problems. I always get complements on my sound system. You can hear it for blocks with the doors open. The key is a good amplifers!!! DB drive is not as expensive as JBL or Alpine but it lasts and hits hard.

Thats all I use cuz its proved its self for me. Proud user of DB Drive for the last 10 years.