Going for a 3 day, 2000km round trip

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Brian N, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Brian N

Brian N Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    Not sure if this is the right place to put this right now, but, I will be towing on the way back.

The wife and I are getting ready to do yet another 2000km round trip in 3 days. This time, with our '11 Ram. I have driven the new truck on semi long trips (up to 4 hours round trip) but, I can't wait for this one. Well, I kind of can. 12 hours each way. Stopping only for coffee, washroom, fuel and food. Oh, and of course the 2 hour BC ferry boat ride.
    So, Labour day weekend, we will be going from central BC to Vancouver island. Hook a boat up to the Ram, turn around and head back.
    We are thinking of leaving Saturday morning around 3 am, which will get us to our destination some where around 7pm that night.
    Spend Sunday making sure that everything is working on the trailer and is ready for a long haul. Maybe visit some family. Then, Monday morning, head out and do the drive back.
    I did this trip about 7 times last year, but, only once in 3 days. The other times were 2 week stays.
    Once we get started, I will be taking pics and posting. Especially when I get the boat hooked up.

2. Power247

Power247 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    CTD 6.7
    Good luck and travel safe!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

3. Razzaa

Razzaa Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    No place in the world is as gorgeous as beautiful BC!!! :) BC is a playground for the Dodge Ram. I am taking mine up to Princeton for some fun in a couple weeks.......can't wait.

4. audio1der

audio1der Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Enjoy the drive!
    We took our trailer to Sicamous for July long wkd and REALLY enjoyed the scenery.

5. BAILEY1

BAILEY1 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2017 RAM 2500
    Engine:
    Dat Cummins!
    Post some pics while your away. I have never been to Canada, but I hear it is beautiful.

6. Brian N

Brian N Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    Thanks all.
    Yes, it is very beautiful up here, and, a great place to own a Ram. Whether it be driving the highways, cruising the back roads or serious 4x4 ing. We have it all up here :)

7. Das Boot

Das Boot Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I’ll be checking this thread often for updates / pictures. I have never been to Canada but who knows your little road trip diary could spawn a trip up from a fellow RF junkie from VA. Good luck

P.S. Isn’t it about time to start snowing up that way?!?!?!

8. Brian N

Brian N Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    Well, looks like the trip is postponed. The boat I am buying is from my fathers estate, and, right now we are going through the courts and every thing has been put on hold.
    Das Boot, yes, the snow will be flying soon. Well, another month or so at least. So, maybe I should get in my old dodge and get out amd get some more fire wood. Only another cord or two to get.

Sent from my mini computer (phone) using tapatalk 4