got a rocket wire!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Nick if you want an AI let me see if I can find ya one this week, think I know where a used one is so all you will need to buy new would be the sensor kit for A/F if you go that route.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
i see "** 0-5v inputs can be configured to read the outputs from MAP sensors, Air/Fuel ratio kits, pressure or temperature sensors, etc. Raw voltage can be displayed or a conversion can be entered to read proper units. ""

which says i need a sensor?

I have this exact setup in my truck right now, really the only thing you need is the wideband kit that they sell seperately from the AI gauge. the gauge itself is plug and play, it hooks up to your OBDII port which is where it gets its power from and where it reads everything a scan tool can.

Once the Wideband kit is installed (hooked to your exhaust and ran to a power source and your gauge) you can read it on the AI at the same time as your KR levels, Trans Temp, Engine Temp, RPM, etc. You can check and clear DTC's, you can log 0-60, 1/8th & 1/4 mile times, real time mpg's, cylinder misfires, batter voltage, alternator stats, what temperature the air outside is, what temperature the air coming in through your throttle body is, you could even use it as a shift light or a warning system if it gets to hot or to much KR. It is by far the simplest gauge and does a whole lot.

I have mine reading the A/F and STKR, and will cycle it sometimes to read Trans and engine temps, or A/F and RPM. or KR and RPM to find out when it is doing something I dont want it to do or at what rpm it is getting to rich or to lean. Its a tuners best friend.

OP
OP
05singlecabHEMI

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Nick if you want an AI let me see if I can find ya one this week, think I know where a used one is so all you will need to buy new would be the sensor kit for A/F if you go that route.

if you could that would be great!

and thanks Ryan.

nussdawg395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Sweet buy man. The rocket wire lol..

Rogan68

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins G56 DRW 4WD
I'll look, but I think I still have an Innovate LC-1 WB kit from my 550awhp WRX build

Last edited by a moderator:

hawk02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Viper 8.3l 505ci 10cyl
I had an Airram powerwire on when i had my Vararam and never had any issues, you should be good.

OP
OP
05singlecabHEMI

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I had an Airram powerwire on when i had my Vararam and never had any issues, you should be good.

well just the fact that more then 2 people said i could get a problem i dont want to take any chances. plus if i really want to mod my truck, gotta get gauges anyway. im kinda a perfectionist when it comes to my truck and mods. its all gotta be planned out, i gotta know exactly how to put it in, gotta know if there are any possible problems i can have, and gotta ask a ton of questions before i buy anything.

hawk02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Viper 8.3l 505ci 10cyl
Surprised you got the vararam then. Sounds like you treat your truck like I do, part of the family.

OP
OP
05singlecabHEMI

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Surprised you got the vararam then. Sounds like you treat your truck like I do, part of the family.

it took me 2months just to buy they vararam. but on another note, so far everything i have bought my truck i get a really good deal on. i havnt paid any mod in full price.

AJMAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
did you install the wire? im curious to see how you like it.. i know a bunch of people are runnin them and like them. thinkin about buyin one myself

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01