Greasable vs. Nongreasable ball joints??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToboJosh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I am installing a 4.5" Maxtrac spindle on my 02 ram this week. I currently have a 1.5" coil spacer on the truck, but that is coming out when the spindle gets installed. I am also planning to replace all my ball joints when I get the spindle lift installed. I bought moog greasable upper ball joints, but I am torn on which way to go on my lower ball joints. I have had greasable lower ball joints in the past and the boot always finds someway to get torn. Would it be smarter to go with a sealed lower ball joint? What are your opinions?

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put greasable on both of mine. The only thing I hate is the damn grease gun always leaks oil so I have to wrap it in bag, otherwise I like it lol. Mine have been on for 2-3 years and still holding up fine, now I do not go hardcore off-roading. I also have the 4.5" lift with 35s

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I just installed my maxtrac last week and my ball joints were replaced coupled months ago with greasable it's a lot better then not being able to grease it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

ToboJosh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
What brand of ball joints are you using? Moog? Mevotech? MAS?

Bear79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Grease-able Moog ball joints are the way to go. Go online to find information about the Moog ball joints. I like grease-able because when you grease them it flushes the contaminants out and new fresh grease takes its place.

04yfz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Grease-able Moog ball joints are the way to go. Go online to find information about the Moog ball joints. I like grease-able because when you grease them it flushes the contaminants out and new fresh grease takes its place.

The moogs are a bad design for the 2500 and 3500 trucks. They bind and require you to constantly correct the steering. I switched mine to Raysbestos professional and have been very happy with them.

BigBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have mevotech greasable ball joints and my driver side upper ball joint boot is already sliced. But they do have a good warranty just haven't got around to getting in touch to try to get a new one.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio