Grill Material

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
How flimsy is the gutter grill stuff? Does it have some strength to it? Can it easily be bent? Can it be damaged easily? I have an idea I want to work out over the next week or two for a visual mod but need something that can be bended/molded without to much effort but at the same time is durable enough that it can hold a form without being damaged should a rock or debri hit it driving down the road. Not looking to drop a lot of money into this right now should it not work, but if it does work right I'd be more willing to put a little more cash into the material.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
The gutter stuff is bendable.

Sometime in the future I am making an RBP style for my truck, and I found some mesh at home depot, its for putting drywall and stucco type stuff on it, seems pretty solid and might work. It comes in a 4x8 sheet around $10.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I have a link somewhere for the same insert the Trex uses on their grilles. Will try and get up later on

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
http://www.ramforum.com/f76/diy-custome-grille-valence-548/

This stuff isn't as cheap, but they have some amazing material! Just in case you were still looking.

customcargrills.com - Custom Car & Truck Grills - Billet & Mesh Grill Inserts

Thats the end goal, to use some of their grill materials but for now and test fitting purposes the cheaper stuff is what I am after. Dont want to drop a lot of coin on the good stuf and the mold doesnt work the way I want it to and end up going through a few batches before its "right". Can get pricey

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
George makes RDP style grilles and if your looking for a insert color matched we are raffling one off .

OP
OP
T

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Not looking for one for the shell looking to make one for the bumper

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
just get chicken wire then

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Thats the end goal, to use some of their grill materials but for now and test fitting purposes the cheaper stuff is what I am after. Dont want to drop a lot of coin on the good stuf and the mold doesnt work the way I want it to and end up going through a few batches before its "right". Can get pricey

Gotcha! Well good luck man! It's fun messing with that stuff and custom making something that works. I had a blast with it!