H&S Mini Maxx 5.9 CR Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Reece if your trucks goes into a mag ... I am proud do be on your windshield brother .

Maybe DBTC needs to sponsor a SEMA build out of your truck

if im ever approached ill be putting in a request right quick for a windshield banner.

That would only make my life. lol I hope next summer to enter into my first car show ever. I was told to enter this year but...I guess you would call me a self hater...? Id love to be show worthy. Need to work on the paint and interior I think before I reach that level. But thanks guys for the props. Id love a show board with a hp tq graph. :D

ASchuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006, 1995
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I have a 2006 5.9L. I've been looking for a tuner for awhile now and I know this thread is from a long time ago but is the H&S totally worth it? Idk how willing i am to dish out the price

Cummins Powered

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 2500 4x4 3.73 gears,1994 Ram 2500 4x4 12 valve modified, Industrial Injection #5 fuel plate
Engine
6.7 Cummins, 5.9 Cummins
It's very well worth the money, Ive had mine for my 08 6.7 Cummins for over 4 years. I read everything off my mini max except for boost reading, I have a separate boost gauge reading. I have the OLD 225 horsepower tune, very heavily fueling, and high timing. I call it the dirty tune lol, my wife has the Mini Max straight out of the box tuning on her 5.9 0 6 Cummins for about 3 years now. The truck has a Banks triple disk torque converter, BD Diesel exhaust manifold, Industrial Injection 75 HP injectors, BD Diesel intercooler, AFE mega canon cold air intake sysytem, Banks Monster Ram intake manifold with Banks grid heater delete, Air Dog II 165, Bully dog 6 inch turbo-back which is 5 inch down pipe, rubbingpast the down pipe flares to a 6 inches in diameter to the tail pipe. She still maintains her stock CP3 without draining it. Stock turbo, I removed the silencer ring, and installed a wicked wheel. I also have the mini max with KEM custom tuning on my 6.0 Powerstroke. H&S does very well tuning with the 5.9 and 6.7's, my wife had the Edge before installing the H&S Mini Max and likes the Mini Max better. You can say we are BIG fans of the H&S Mini Max. If you don't go with H&S, next choice would be EFI tuning. Take care, and good luck with your decision.