had some fun with fluid film today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemi1300

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
purchased the fluid film undercoat kit the other day and sprayed the truck today. Man this stuff is messy lol. Sprayed the majority of the underside of the truck/frame rails with the spray gun. Got the two gallon kit but kind of wish i hadn't, all i really needed was a few aerosol cans to get the problem areas. Best part is, the kit comes with a flexible 2' hose that attaches to the aerosol can and it works awesome!! Used the flexible hose and snaked it into all the holes on the bottom of the doors, kick plates, bottom of tailgate, and sprayed the crap out of the backside of the rear fenders where dodge's rust sometimes. Should have no worries now, sprayed all the typical areas that trucks normally rust out from-rear fenders, bottom of doors, kick plates (if that's what u call them). I love fluid film, doesn't remove rust but completely stops it from spreading bc it soaks into the metal and keeps it lubricated. My chrome bumper is rusting on the backside and starting to spread out towards the front, but fluid film should stop it from getting any worse. Here's the link for it
Amazon.com: Fluid Film Undercoating Kit 1 Gallon: Home Improvement

BigHorn777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, Yes, pictures..... hopefully you took before and afters????

So when you say messy, what do you mean? You got all full or the **** drips all over the place? How hard was it to clean up the areas you got the stuff on by mistake? Thinking of doing this myself. I suppose you had to crawl under the truck to do it also, or did you have a buddy with a lift?

OP
OP
hemi1300

hemi1300

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Sorry no pics, u guys are gonna be mad lol. As far as bein messy, i guess it's really not that bad, just leaves overspray all over the drive and it's slick as snot. Pulled the truck over a large tarp and it worked good. Just crawled under the truck and sprayed away. Only thing i masked off was the exhaust, this stuff won't harm paint, rubber, plastic, etc etc. Had a lot of overspray on the tailgate and just wiped it off when i was done. The extension tube is the best for getting to those areas that rust from the inside out
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2