Hard low profile tonneau for 2019's.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

demetriew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes the tailgate is independent of the cover. Each panel has a piece that locks into the rails so it’s very strong and sturdy at all speeds. It’s very easy to remove, only takes s minute. There are a lot of videos on YouTube, you should watch a few. I added some additional led light strips to the factory lights.

View attachment 128533

View attachment 128534

you have sold me on the lowmax. i think its to best all around set up. what would your one negative be about it.

also where exactly did you connect your bed lights too.

Clever

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you go with the undercover flex make sure you get the latest version, I have to lift up mine before I could close the tailgate, the newer version, that came out last year I believe doesn’t have this issue anymore.

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I pressure washed it today and had no leaks. It took some time to get it all squared up on the bed though. It has these rubber blocks that fit in a track and they need to be adjusted. And the tailgate portion needed to be adjusted. I left it loos and pulled it around until it looked just right and then wriggled up into the bed and tighted ip the front hold down nuts

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you have sold me on the lowmax. i think its to best all around set up. what would your one negative be about it.

also where exactly did you connect your bed lights too.

I’ll be honest I really don’t have anything negative to say about it. It was easy to install, locks into rails at each panel so it doesn’t vibrate, it’s very easy to remove takes maybe 20sec. I would buy it again.

I had the oem bed lights so I just wired the ones under the bed rails to that, no errors or issues, LEDs don’t use much power so it hasn’t been an issue

demetriew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ll be honest I really don’t have anything negative to say about it. It was easy to install, locks into rails at each panel so it doesn’t vibrate, it’s very easy to remove takes maybe 20sec. I would buy it again.

I had the oem bed lights so I just wired the ones under the bed rails to that, no errors or issues, LEDs don’t use much power so it hasn’t been an issue

Awesome thats all i needed to hear! Thanks

chrisb198

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA

Nice cover...wish they made a version for the Ramboxes

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
I was thinking about ordering this cover. How is the fitment? Does it leak? I had an BAK G2 and leaked horribly.

I've had a Bakflip G2 on my last 2 trucks. Ram 2500 and my current F150. They have literally sat out in hurricanes without any leaking. As long as you take time to fit it during initial installation they are drum tight. They have large channels to direct the water to the drain tubes. Very similar to the way moonroofs handle water.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Bump...just picked up a Limited and need a roof for my Golf Clubs. :) Had the Undercover Flex on two different trucks. First one (Ford F150) was rock solid. Wasn’t a big fan of the second one (16 Big Horn).

Now some of you have had these for a bit longer do they still hold up? I like the looks and price of the LoMax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bump...just picked up a Limited and need a roof for my Golf Clubs. :) Had the Undercover Flex on two different trucks. First one (Ford F150) was rock solid. Wasn’t a big fan of the second one (16 Big Horn).

Now some of you have had these for a bit longer do they still hold up? I like the looks and price of the LoMax.

Order one, which was claimed for the '19 models both by the box and website...and it was ****. Sure, you get a little bag and lights and all the jazz, but what's the point if it doesn't fit? The rails literally sat on the bedrail MAYBE 1/16" to 1/8". I'm telling you, the undercover lip BARELY sat on the bedrail. It was terrible. Mines boxed up now waiting on FedEx to get it Tuesday and a BakFlip MX4 is on the way.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
Order one, which was claimed for the '19 models both by the box and website...and it was ****. Sure, you get a little bag and lights and all the jazz, but what's the point if it doesn't fit? The rails literally sat on the bedrail MAYBE 1/16" to 1/8". I'm telling you, the undercover lip BARELY sat on the bedrail. It was terrible. Mines boxed up now waiting on FedEx to get it Tuesday and a BakFlip MX4 is on the way.

Thanks for the info. I watched a couple YouTube videos in the LoMax and didn’t really care for the look. It seemed flimsy and the reviewer showed that the seams were starting to come apart. I called BakFlip and spoke to someone who was pretty knowledgeable about the products and actually guided me to the MX4 based on the fact that I live in Arizona and didn’t try to up sell to the F1. She said the price was $929 w/ free shipping and no sales tax for AZ. I asked what the best price was and she came to 880 for delivery within 3-5 days or 860 for 1-2 weeks. I opted for the 3-5 Days because I am impatient. I didn’t do a lot of searching to see if that was the best price but at least the no sales tax saved some coin so I am guessing it’s pretty close. Fingers crossed that I like it. She said that the biggest difference between models is that the MX4 and the F1 can be closed independent of the gate, which I wanted. The G2 and the Off-Road have to close after the tailgate.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That’s a great price as they e told me it would be $929.00

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Can you open the tailgate while the cover is closed with that one ?

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
8D1CCF3B-A884-4AB5-A18F-CF7E691B25D2.jpeg Just another example. Retrax one. Easy install and blends in well. It locks and can open tailgate with the cover locked and vice versa.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't see any kind of water management system in your pictures. Drains?

doesn't need drain tubes

https://www.agricover.com/lomax/

The water-shedding design and waterproof, reinforced vinyl coated hinges route water away from the bed without gutters or drains. The hard folding tonneau overlaps the bed rails with a continuous seal along the entire length of the side rails, preventing elements from entering the truck bed.