Hard-starting when (really) cold

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by Yeret, Dec 17, 2016.

Sponsored By: Moe's Performance
  1. dudeman2009

dudeman2009 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
    Engine:
    Magnum 360
    I'd bet on your coolant if its hitting temps as low as over here in michigan. I had to get my jump pack out to start my loaner truck, 98 ram 1500 5.2l. The guy ran 50/50 and when I pulled the cap off the radiator is felt like that slime stuff that used to be in the commercials as a kids toy. It was a good -20 out, I think I crushed my balls when I leaned my chest on the fender to jump the frozen battery.

Edit: Didn't see your last post. It may be that their gas was gelling up. Wouldn't be the first time a gas station has pumped bad gas. The Shell stations around me are known for not properly changing over to winter fuel, as a result if we get a bad cold snap early in the year, or you go to a station that doesn't get a lot of traffic, and you're in for trouble. None of the marathons or stations they own have a problem though.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  2. SHOOT2KILL

SHOOT2KILL Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2015...2500H.D.
    Engine:
    One of my chevys had the same problem. Code was for M.A.F. sensor. Put an aftermarket (Autozone) in and had the same problem. Replaced that with another Autozone part. Still had the problem. Replaced the Autozone maf with an OEM AC/Delco....problem fixed