hbs level kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98sporttj

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L
hbs level kit (now installed)

holy crap what a royal pita.....

got her almost all tore down and come to find out the lower strut mount bolt would not come out... and i mean would not come out... beat on it for aleast 2hrs with a sledge and she aint movin... ended up having to remove the lca, rotate the strut plate so it was correct and then fight to get it back in... only one side completed tonight both of the bolts are being stubborn... i even thought of cutting it and replacing the bushing however the dodge dealer told me that the bushings are on backorder... so im stuck with what i have... unless you guys have any other ideas:killer:

Last edited:

DeputyDipShizz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And this is why I took mine to a shop to have it done...A friend of mine had the very same issue on his 07 and put it back together and took it to a shop...$80 for the kit and another $100 for install...not bad

-TapATalkAholic-

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Happened to me aswell. Coil compresser came loose as soon as we got the bolt off and nearly ripped my friends finger off. Scariest thing ever. Loaded springs are not to be played with...

DeputyDipShizz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea definitely not...If it wasn't for my friend attempting and failing...and the fact I really don't have anywhere to work on my truck right now...I would have been in the same situation...I consider it $100 well spent

-TapATalkAholic-

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
sweet. I need to get that kit

kajunboy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ratchet straps work wonders on getting the springs in...

OP
OP

98sporttj

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L
ya we put it up on the lift to finish the passenger side... pulled knuckle, lca, and strut at the same time... soooo much easier done in about an hr from start to finish