HD Tire Pressure Monitoring System Reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rambojoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Help a brother out near Indy anyone? I’d like to learn how to do this as well.
Thanks

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Anybody around central tx that can reset TPMS in 2014 2500?

4x4x4door

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Anybody around central tx that can reset TPMS in 2014 2500?
Closest guy I know of is in San Antonio. I've shipped devices to several guys in that area. Shoot me a PM for details of you're interested.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SixFOURhemiHD

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L 392 Hemi
Originally posted by Snake_Eyes.

Edited by SuperModerator.

Default settings for HD TPMS systems are quite high. Some owners report they cannot find a desired tire size that will accommodate the higher pressures so they must make a choice between wearing out their new tires prematurely or dealing with constant EVIC warnings, a Low Tire Pressure warning light and a rough riding truck.

There is a fix.

This has been confirmed to work on any 2014+ HD truck and on any model. You will have this done at a dealer per the instructions below. It is recommended you print them and take them with you. The technician should be able to change your settings and turn off the light.

Step 1: Go into the BCM (body control module). Go to "miscellaneous functions". Go to "update pressure thresholds". Set pressure to desired settings. Do not try to do different pressures front and back! Even if you run 10 psi difference front to back you won't get a light. If you plan to run 10 psi difference I suggest your "setting" be in the middle of the high and low just to give you a little cushion.

Step 2: Go into the RFH (radio frequency hub). Go to "miscellaneous functions". Perform "RFH replace" and follow prompts. You will need the PIN number for the truck. That can be obtained through Dealer Connect with the vin number to the truck. When following the prompts - when asked for desired pressure setting - set new pressure levels. You do not need to replace anything - just perform the function to set new levels.

Once the RFH replace function is done the light goes out and the truck will read new pressures after driving a short distance.

More Information on HD TPMS Reset Options

This information was originally started & gathered in the CumminsForum.com thread How to set TPMS to ANY pressure which is similar to this thread. It has 1700+ posts with info changing half way thru and much confusion. 4x4x4door created that thread to help clear up confusion and help as many as possible. Special thanks goes to Indytruckchampion(CF member) for creating that thread with the process and to articsilber323 for figuring out that the Autel Maxisys can do this since FCA removed the ability from the dealers. PLEASE read the common questions below before asking questions.

General info:
To fully adjust the TPMS you need the change the psi thresholds and update the RFH (Radio frequency hub).

Factory pressure settings are 60(Hemi) or 65(Cummins) front & 80 rear with a 20% threshold which means that the warnings (light, sounds & nag screen) will come on at 48(H) or 52(C) front & 64 rear. If that happens then you will have to air the tires to 60(H) or 65(C) front and/or 80 rear to make the warnings go away.

The PIN – You must have your PIN to fully adjust the TPMS system. There are 2 PIN numbers associated with your key and truck. Technically, there's a 3rd one too that's a rolling code (unknown digits) that expires. It is only used if you lose all your keys and it requires a call to Lord FCA to get. I believe this is where some dealers get confused and try to tell you that the 4-digit PIN will expire. I've not heard of anyone saying that theirs expired when they tried to use it. A few members have been charged a fee to get the code. This ridiculous and I’d find another dealer, but I realize some don't have that choice.
PIN #1: 4-digit code (all numbers) that is used to program the key (fobik) to the truck. This is the one you need for this process.
PIN #2: 5-digit code with a letter in front (ex. M0000) that is used to cut a new metal key.

It’s a good idea to get both codes as soon as you possibly can. Recently, some dealers have refused to give them out.

Devices:
Autel MaxiSys -- will adjust the psi settings and update the RFH (Radio frequency hub)
Launch X431 -- very similar to the Autel MaxiSys with possible same functionality
Matco Maxgo & Maxme -- supposed to be able to adjust the psi settings & update the RFH (Maximus should also)
AutoEnginuity software -- will only adjust the threshold psi settings (also custom tire sizes & enable fogs w/highs)
Witech (dealer) -- will only update the RFH, IF you can find a dealer that's willing do it
AEV ProCal -- only sold with their lift kits; will only adjust the psi settings (tire sizes & other settings)
Snap-on – no one has found that any of their devices can do this

Common questions:
Q: Can the dealer do this?
A: They cannot change the psi thresholds but they have the ability to update the RFH. Whether they or not is questionable.

Q: Is there someone near me that can do this?
A: ***HERE*** is a map that 4x4x4door created showing all known members that have a device. If there'e no one close enough to you, try contacting 4x4x4door or BPMPVET.

Q: Will this ‘change’ get removed if I get a flash update from the dealer or if I install a tune.
A: No

Q: Will this ‘change’ void my warranty.
A: First they have to prove that it caused a problem and how they gonna 'see' it? The Witech can't get to the settings but anything's possible.

Q: What model of Autel MaxiSys can do this?
A: The common model is MS906 but any MaxiSys model should have this ability excluding Dodge software version 7.5.1. The MaxiDAS cannot do this process and I doubt any MaxiTPMS will either.

Q: Can the Autel MaxiSys make other adjustments like larger tires or enable fogs w/highs?
A: It’s a very powerful diagnostic device but it can only adjustment to other factory tire sizes and cannot enable fogs w/highs.

Q: Where can I find the instructions do make the adjustments?
A: articsilber323 provided these in post #912 in the original thread. Some of the screens have changed slightly with the newer software versions but the process is generally the same.

Ok so I just tried this. I changed my TPMS pressure thresholds to 50psi front and rear. I then attempted to connect to the RF Hub. I got an error about an ISO code, and chose connect anyway. I went to RF Reset Replace, entered the 4 digit PIN the dealer gave me, and it failed saying I do not have security access. Anyone run into this? Truck is a 2018 and I am using M2Mods bypass harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BPMPVET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Ok so I just tried this. I changed my TPMS pressure thresholds to 50psi front and rear. I then attempted to connect to the RF Hub. I got an error about an ISO code, and chose connect anyway. I went to RF Reset Replace, entered the 4 digit PIN the dealer gave me, and it failed saying I do not have security access. Anyone run into this? Truck is a 2018 and I am using M2Mods bypass harness.

What device are you using to try to do this?

BPMPVET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
OBDlink MX Bluetooth and and android tablet

I haven't heard of anyone being successful with this process using that combination of equipment.

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
you might check in with user 4x4x4door who has an Autel tool and a lot of success in making the TPMS changes on 2015+ trucks.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I haven't heard of anyone being successful with this process using that combination of equipment.

I used it on mine but I cannot connect to a 2018 vehicle.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What all changes must be made to do this? This would be ideal.

It is in an option in the AE. Once you select the TPIS Present option you need to reset the RFH using a Autel Maxsys or WiTech. You can rent the computers from 4x4x4door.

Jaywoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 & 2018
Engine
Hemi 5.7 & Cummins
Just a bump for current info. With the AlfaOBD program and the OBDLinkMX you can reset the TPMS thresholds on our trucks to whatever you want. Great info in the AlfaOBD thread in the DIY forum here. On my 2018, I used a security bypass module from z-automotive. Works like a champ.

SixFOURhemiHD

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L 392 Hemi
Just a bump for current info. With the AlfaOBD program and the OBDLinkMX you can reset the TPMS thresholds on our trucks to whatever you want. Great info in the AlfaOBD thread in the DIY forum here. On my 2018, I used a security bypass module from z-automotive. Works like a champ.

This is correct AlphaOBD now has the capability to reset the RF Hub, so changes to TPMS can be made using this tool. No need for AE or Witech, or Autel, and now need for a trip to the dealer. All you need is your RF hub PIN and AlphaOBD. DeereGuy makes 2018 Bypass harnesses as well if you need it. Check out the AlphaOBD thread, we have discussed it extensively.

4x4x4door

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
This is correct AlphaOBD now has the capability to reset the RF Hub, so changes to TPMS can be made using this tool. No need for AE or Witech, or Autel, and now need for a trip to the dealer. All you need is your RF hub PIN and AlphaOBD. DeereGuy makes 2018 Bypass harnesses as well if you need it. Check out the AlphaOBD thread, we have discussed it extensively.

Just to clarify, the RF hub PIN is the same as the PIN code to program a key and going to the dealer is the best way to get it.

Jaywoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 & 2018
Engine
Hemi 5.7 & Cummins
Just to clarify, the RF hub PIN is the same as the PIN code to program a key and going to the dealer is the best way to get it.
There are two PIN numbers. One is a four digit all numbers pin to reset the RF hub. The other is a five digit and starts with a letter. That’s the pin to cut a new key.

SixFOURhemiHD

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L 392 Hemi

Yes, you need the 4 digit PIN from your dealer

4x4x4door

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
If anyone live nears Springfield, MO & wants their TPMS adjusted, I'll be there Friday night (10/26) and most of the day Saturday (10/27). Shoot me a PM if interested or post here if you can't PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.