Head Unit

Discussion in '3rd Gen DIY' started by TerrorByteFX, Dec 7, 2016.

1. TerrorByteFX

TerrorByteFX Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    V8 4.7 Liter FlexFuel
    I was trying to be cheap and keep the factory head unit but I was getting some major white noise from it. After a ton of adjustments to the speaker wiring and amplifier, I figured it was the head unit.

Installed the new one and no more white noise. Here goes a link to the dash kit I used, Metra 95-6528B Dash Kit. I was impatient and purchased mine at an audio store and paid a premium for it too. You can find it cheaper on Amazon.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  2. PCA4208

PCA4208 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Looks good! I'm about to do the same except I'm using a stock Nav bezel as to avoid that faceplate you used. For me it just makes for a cleaner looking install. Also I have the wood grain, so big black plastic on top of if would just look out of place for me.

3. Superbrowndude

Superbrowndude Junior Member

Ram Year:
    04 Ram 1500
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Hey did you have to cut out any trim behind the radio before you installed the double din. I'm picking up my truck next week and got a Kenwood ddx394 and a sub and what not to install.

4. TerrorByteFX

TerrorByteFX Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    V8 4.7 Liter FlexFuel
    Yeah, you have to cut a couple of spots nothing big though. The only thing I don't like about the kit is that the radio is not flush with it.

That's on my to do list though, shave it down a little.