Header install help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have been following you from the first, and keeping my fingers crossed that you are in the home stretch here. Thanks for the chronicle.

Haha, thanks. Oil pressure seems to be consistent over the past few days, so I should be in the clear. Although, driving to the muffler shop last night, my hid headlights went out. :banghead:

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
LOL, **** happens in 3's. You're due. Go get some scratchers, bet you win!!

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LOL, **** happens in 3's. You're due. Go get some scratchers, bet you win!!
Hope you're right, I think I've doubled down on the negative 3's at this point lol.

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the truck back. $72 and they tack welded the catback in so I should be good to go. MUCH quieter... Almost a little disappointing lol

Last edited:

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
post a soundclip!

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
post a soundclip!
I will, probably this weekend, I got a before cold start clip and it's been in the negatives in the morning here, so I'll probably grab one Sunday when it's warmed up. Bit and I don't have to run to work

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is everything still going good with the headers? Getting more happy with the sound?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is everything still going good with the headers? Getting more happy with the sound?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yup, everything is still good. Haven't checked the oil level yet, but the pressure has been fine. I think the sound could be a little louder. After running it straight from the headers for a few days, it sounds quiet by comparison lol. Straight from the headers was obnoxious in the cab though. After running straight headers, the pre-headers and post headers with full exhaust sound pretty close to the same to me. I just grabbed a video and compared and can tell a little difference. Posting comparison videos now.

JSVT3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely a noticeable difference. Phones never do these exhaust videos any justice though. I'm just glad all is well and everything buttoned up nicely for you.

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Definitely a noticeable difference. Phones never do these exhaust videos any justice though. I'm just glad all is well and everything buttoned up nicely for you.
Yeah, bouncing back and forth between the videos definitely jogs my memory. It's definitely more aggressive and sounds better. Not as loud as I was expecting without cats. Running Mopar catback for anyone that's interested.

Thanks, glad it's over. What a pain. Not gonna lie, a very small part of me was hoping that oil was going to blow out the pan and trash the engine so I could have an excuse to throw a new built one in even though I don't really have the funds for it lol.

May or may not do the Whipple next. Kind of deterred by this whole header experience and just spent 6.5K building a BBQ island that's a complete waste since we are now apparently moving. We'll see what the rest of the year brings, this truck may be my only project/hobby soon lol.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
well done!

Bldrinker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I’m terrified to do headers now... Jesus how did you not jump off a bridge dealing with all those headaches?