Headers/O2 sensors 07 Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

preston Kerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I'm in the market for some headers for my 2007 dodge ram 5.7L 2WD. I'm really interested in the BBK 4009's but I am noticing some come with 02 sensor ports and some don't. I guess my question would be does only certain dodge trucks, same application and model come with O2's and some don't or is this strickly a manufacture thing? I am not sure, for one prices are the same.

Is there anyone that has experience with this or own a truck with same set up?

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
No every vehicle has o2 sensors. Are you comparing shortie headers to longtube headers? The long tube headers should have sensor bungs in the end of the pipes where they came together, called the collector. Longtubes are much longer then the factory exhaust and typically need the sensors to be relocated. Shortie headers keep a lot of the factory exhaust pipe in place so you don’t need to relocate the sensors. It’s also common to weld in new sensor bungs in the exhaust pipe for the downstream (after catyletic converter)

OP
OP
P

preston Kerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
No every vehicle has o2 sensors. Are you comparing shortie headers to longtube headers? The long tube headers should have sensor bungs in the end of the pipes where they came together, called the collector. Longtubes are much longer then the factory exhaust and typically need the sensors to be relocated. Shortie headers keep a lot of the factory exhaust pipe in place so you don’t need to relocate the sensors. It’s also common to weld in new sensor bungs in the exhaust pipe for the downstream (after catyletic converter)

No, I'm only referring to shortie headers and specifically referring to the BBK's part# 4009. For my exact vehicle, those headers have both options as far as o2's. So i'm confused on which ones I need to go with. What I don't understand is why would they make the same exact dodge ram as mine, but one with o2's and one without. It's almost as if I need to go by my VIN# to see if I need o2 option or not.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
For Shorties you shouldn’t need o2 sensors that close to the engine. Best thing to do is crawl under your truck and look where the sensors are. They should be past the “down” pipe off the header, right before and after the catyletic converter on both sides. Could you post the link to both options? Searching summit only seems to bring up the ones without sensors

OP
OP
P

preston Kerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
For Shorties you shouldn’t need o2 sensors that close to the engine. Best thing to do is crawl under your truck and look where the sensors are. They should be past the “down” pipe off the header, right before and after the catyletic converter on both sides. Could you post the link to both options? Searching summit only seems to bring up the ones without sensors

It's on EBay. But here is the item # 351604721932

There are a couple on there like that. And thank you, that's what I'm gonna have to do.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Looking at the eBay listing I think it’s just a misprint. Once you see where the sensors are on your truck it will be obvious