Healights turn on when truck is off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildcatz62

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
So this has been the strangest thing to me. Over the last week we got a lot of freezing rain, I don't know if this has anything to with my problem but the truck did not have a problem before this and it has not really stopped raining sense. It seems to me the when the truck sits and lots of water falls from the sky my headlights just come on, the taillights do not come on. To get them to turn off I have to jar the truck around move forward or backward and slam the break, this may take a few tries before they stay off. They may come back on within minutes or hours or not all. Any ideas of what is going on and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance for any and all help

mrmagoo_83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have the reason sensing wipers? Could be something with them, as there is a setting that says something about headlights when wipers are on. Could be confused.

OP
OP
W

Wildcatz62

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Do you have the reason sensing wipers? Could be something with them, as there is a setting that says something about headlights when wipers are on. Could be confused.

No I do not believe that I do.

Was told it might be water on the body computer. I will be checking into that, no rain in a couple of days and they have not come on.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Have you modified the headlights at all? I'm asking if there's any way moisture is entering the headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
W

Wildcatz62

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Have you modified the headlights at all? I'm asking if there's any way moisture is entering the headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have replaced the headlights. I have checked for moisture and not found any.

ScottysRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had trouble with my lights staying on after I turned the truck off. And sometimes they would just turn on. Ended up being the circuit board in my headlight switch. Where the switch contact rubs on what you select wether auto, off, parking, or headlights had bridged the contact on the circuit board. Took my knife and scratched away the bridges metal on the circuit board and the headlights work as intended. I have pics if needed.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I'd ***** in a new switch and see if that changes anything. If the issue doesn't go away you could always take it back