Heat issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jb7054

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
074C385A-5B24-40DA-9B63-B4FFC334B5E2.jpeg Been noticing since I started using the heat this year that it takes awhile to heat up. Just realized that the drivers side vents aren’t actually putting out any heat at all. Lots of heat from the passenger side. Cold air on the drivers side. Eventually the drivers side will blow hot if it’s recycling inside air. But it’s not actually producing hot air. I don’t have duel zone or climate control in this truck. Any ideas?

Alex_cad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco diesel
I'd say one of the flappers got stuck.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When you move from floor to 'vent' do you get any heat then?

OP
OP
J

Jb7054

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ll go try and get back to you

OP
OP
J

Jb7054

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put it on every setting including the defoggers. Cold on the drivers side. Hot on the passengers.

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With your system the same air for left and right sides blows over one temperature control door so both sides should get the same heat. A dual system has two temperature control doors and a separate duct systems for right and left and would give you the symptoms you are describing. The air goes through the AC core first and then through the heater core, The heater core is inline and downstream from the AC core.

The only thing I can think of would be an internal partially blocked heater core, water is not flowing through the entire core.

OP
OP
J

Jb7054

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With your system the same air for left and right sides blows over one temperature control door so both sides should get the same heat. A dual system has two temperature control doors and a separate duct systems for right and left and would give you the symptoms you are describing. The air goes through the AC core first and then through the heater core, The heater core is inline and downstream from the AC core.

The only thing I can think of would be an internal partially blocked heater core, water is not flowing through the entire core.
Thanks. I’ll try a coolant flush and see what happens