Heat problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok, i know theres a ton of threads on this, but my heater doesnt seem to be working. I took my dash apart the other day and took the motor off the blend door, and moved it around. It wasnt stuck and seemed to be working just fine. So I checked the motor and it worked fine to. I also felt both heater core hoses and they were both hot, but could it still be clogged? Maybe the coolant just isnt passing through fast enough and the air isnt getting warm? Ill turn on the heat and it might be somewhat warm for a few seconds and then it gets cool. I have no clue what else it could be... any help is appreciated, sorry for the long post.

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hmm, not sure about this one. Only heater problems I've had, had to do with the blower door. Bumping for others to chime in.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Bump for any helpful advice

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I had this issue and found out that my t-stat was stuck .. replaced it and now the truck heats up well .

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
This^^. Had a friend whose coolant all leaked out. Heater wouldn't work. Check coolant, and maybe replace the t stat.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
How long have you had your truck?

OP
OP
TexasRammer

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive had it for about 6 months, the engine heats up, its just something to do with my interior heating(i guess you would call it? sorry cant think right now...). I recently changed the coolant and t-stat, but the heater wasnt working before it either. I flushed my heater core the other day and it definately helped a little, but I can tell its still no where near what it should be. I read somewhere that somebody used CLR and it really helped compared to just water, so ill try that this weekend and see. Thanks guys

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
let us know how you make out

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Ive had it for about 6 months, the engine heats up, its just something to do with my interior heating(i guess you would call it? sorry cant think right now...). I recently changed the coolant and t-stat, but the heater wasnt working before it either. I flushed my heater core the other day and it definately helped a little, but I can tell its still no where near what it should be. I read somewhere that somebody used CLR and it really helped compared to just water, so ill try that this weekend and see. Thanks guys

NOOOOOOO . That CLR will eat the insides of your radiator

OP
OP
TexasRammer

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
NOOOOOOO . That CLR will eat the insides of your radiator

I was just gonna flush it through the heater core, the thing i read said to not let it sit longer than 10 or 15 minutes, so i thought it would be fine with 5 min? Will that still hurt it? What else could i try flushing it with?

ramfanatic

Banned
Reaction score
did you burp the radiator after flushing and filling it if you did not burp it you have air trapped in the system could be the cause of your loss of heat

OP
OP
TexasRammer

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i actually just tried that a couple of weekends ago. My heat does seem to work randomly so I guess something is wrong with one of the blend doors. Once spring break comes around Im gonna tear it all apart and find out...