heated mirror switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skiph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
/can anyone tell me whats up with my heated mirror button. It blinks continuously

Badger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome. Are the mirrors heating up? Usually things blinking means its broke.

Mopar1973Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996, 2002
Engine
1996 Dodge 1500 (V8-5.9L) & 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 (5.9L Cummins)
Might have to peel the door panels open and check the heater out on the mirror by ohming them out and be sure they are not a open circuit. Like said about blinking light means there is a system failure of some sort. But I would check the mirror heater first.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
^^ sounds like a good plan

ehammock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Im late to the party but maybe this will help someone out.

I have a 2014 Ram 3500 Limited and I had this happen at the same time my brothers '16 Charger had the same problem.

In my truck the mirror defrost button (i mistakenly thought this was my rear defrost button which my truck doesn't have) started blinking and didn't stop. While this was happening I couldn't change anything on my HVAC except fan speed. I couldn't even turn it off.

I took the truck to the dealership & the only remedy they could offer was flashing the ECM. I agreed & $115 dollars later it was still blinking. They then suggested that they could pull the whole dash & check the blend & recirc doors. I declined.

I pulled fuses, unhooked the battery - no fix. Same for my brother & his Challenger.

I finally changed the HVAC Control Module. OEM was $100 & the only tool required was a phillips screwdriver. The process took 10 minutes start to finish. I started the truck and the light started blinking but I held my breath. After the truck went through all its self checks, the light went off & all my controls worked. J did the same on his Challenger and his went back to normal as well. The light is the computer's way of telling you that self diagnosis has failed.

Apparently the module's memory can fill up and cause it to fail. Sometimes pulling the battery will cause the same thing.