Heated seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Lonestar Edition with Black Out Package
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Today due to weather when I started my truck(2018 1500 night express) it turned on the heated steering wheel and drivers side seat. The steering wheel was noticeably warmer, the drivers side seat not so much. I think it heated up but it was very subtle. My wife's Lexus has heated seats and it is very noticeable. Is this normal or should the seat get considerably warmer?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Today due to weather when I started my truck(2018 1500 night express) it turned on the heated steering wheel and drivers side seat. The steering wheel was noticeably warmer, the drivers side seat not so much. I think it heated up but it was very subtle. My wife's Lexus has heated seats and it is very noticeable. Is this normal or should the seat get considerably warmer?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
It does take my seats a little while to warm up but it does get noticeably warmer after around five minutes. If you use the remote start it'll turn the seat on high until you actually get in and then turn the key on. Once you turn the key on it actually turns it too low and you have to turn it back to high if you would like it warmer. It's the same thing if you just start the truck up normally it will be on low you and have to put it on high if you want it warmer. You probably already noticed that but just thought I would mention it. Also on my truck I have the Laramie seats in the back of the seat gets warm but It basically just goes up to about your lumbar region. I've actually reupholstered my seats so I know how high the heating pad actually sits on the back of the seat. I honestly wish they would have brought it up about six or seven more inches. It would make the back of the seat a lot warmer.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TexNorseman

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It does take my seats a little while to warm up but it does get noticeably warmer after around five minutes. If you use the remote start it'll turn the seat on high until you actually get in and then turn the key on. Once you turn the key on it actually turns it too low and you have to turn it back to high if you would like it warmer. It's the same thing if you just start the truck up normally it will be on low you and have to put it on high if you want it warmer. You probably already noticed that but just thought I would mention it. Also on my truck I have the Laramie seats in the back of the seat gets warm but It basically just goes up to about your lumbar region. I've actually reupholstered my seats so I know how high the heating pad actually sits on the back of the seat. I honestly wish they would have brought it up about six or seven more inches. It would make the back of the seat a lot warmer.

is it the back of the seats only or does the bottom seat warm up too?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
is it the back of the seats only or does the bottom seat warm up too?
The back of the seat does have a heater but it only goes up to your lower back. This is a picture of a Laramie seat with the cover off you can see that the heating pad does not go up very far at all. The small squiggly lines are the actual heating elements. It definitely leaves a lot to be desired as far as heating your whole back.c6f19bbd8524060a82aa73e230997df4.jpg

OP
OP
TexNorseman

TexNorseman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The back of the seat does have a heater but it only goes up to your lower back. This is a picture of a Laramie seat with the cover off you can see that the heating pad does not go up very far at all. The small squiggly lines are the actual heating elements. It definitely leaves a lot to be desired as far as heating your whole back.c6f19bbd8524060a82aa73e230997df4.jpg

I heard the lower one for the actually seat only goes to the butt, not all the way to the thighs, is that true? That might explain why I'm not feeling it on my legs...

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I heard the lower one for the actually seat only goes to the butt, not all the way to the thighs, is that true? That might explain why I'm not feeling it on my legs...
To be honest I didn't really look that closely at the bottom pad when I reupholstered it so I'm not sure exactly how far out it goes on the bottom. I can tell you that much more of my seat bottom gets warm than my seat back so I think the bottom pad is substantially bigger.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting.

I wonder if you could interface a Katzkin seat heater with the OEM controls? Katzkin is the OEM for Mopar leather, and if you look at their "comfort options" the heating pad for the seat back goes up MUCH higher than what is in the pic.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It surprised me how hot and fast the steering wheel heats up. Almost too warm sometimes. The seats on the other hand take way longer than the seats in the wife's Edge, or my old Mazda 3. Still they're great to have. No, they don't go as high as they could, but I like having them anyway.