Heater control assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bgreen808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
Any insight to what the push buttons on the control assembly are responsible for when it comes to controlling air flow between front/defrost/floor vents?

Problem I'm having is no air comes out of front vent when heat button is pushed in. Air only comes out of defrost and floor. When a/c button is pushed in, air flow from defrost and floor switch to front vent. I want hot air to flow out the front vent. 0c66b877563ac31df6e1e7775f7bfee0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
the switch control vacuum to the actuators and to the fan motor. i can't really say for the vans like you have but the trucks have a vent specific setting where yours looks like it might possibly be mixed in with the a/c some how. have you tried pulling on the vent switch like it suggests. on the trucks the switch for vents is where the bi-level switch is. you can possibly unplug the vacuum line to the coolant control valve and unplug the a/c compressor relay or unplug the a/c compressor and use the a/c vent options for heat.