help a "new" member??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
So ive been searching the forum and following a few things here and there and Ive sent pm's to a few asking this but...

When you are buying a lift kit... and it is advertized as a say 6" lift.. does that mean 6" over stock height or 6" total... since I know that a regular 4x4 has a 3-4" lift is putting a 6" on only lifting it 2" taller? I'm asking because I want to run a 315/75/16 on my truck... and it supposedly averages out to a 34/11.5/16 so i get my height without all the width.. and I have run a 33/12.5/15 on it with minimal rubbing (due to needing an alignment) I am considering aal on rear and using 3/4 coils in front if it will allow clearance.. now i don't offroad alot and certainly not a ton of flex... but i does occasionally see some mud.

truck specs are
'00 sbrc with approx 280k 5.2 mag auto 4x4
current gears are 3.55 (hoping to upgrade to 4.56s if i lift)
current tires size is a 285/75/16

Thanks for the help!

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
A 6 in lift is 6 inches over stock height. To be technically correct, a 4x4 is NOT lifted persay. Is it taller than a 2WD? YES. It is approximately 3 inches taller than the 2WD trucks, but that is simply by design. ALL 4WD trucks form all manufacturers are taller than their 2WD counterparts. So they're not really "lifted".

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
315/75/16 is actually 34.6x12.40r16 so make sure you have atleast a 8" wide wheel.

+1 to what DD94 said.

3/4 ton coil springs will lift the front 2-2.5". With those tire dimensions you'd basically be running a 35x12.5 and will need more than that amount of lift to fit them properly, but wheels are the biggest factor.

OP
OP
MoparMagic'00

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
what are your opinions on 3/4 coils with spacers? I am trying to attempt the best and cheapest lift possible on front.. I know that its not really recommended to go cheap... just seeing how well it will work for my driving habits... Thanks :) and whats up with the ore (off road editions) suspensions? I know they sit a lil higher than a reg 4x4 and what about the quad cab ore? I just think there is a cheaper way to achieve a dependable lift without all the expense...
As far as wheels go Im running a 16x8 Mickey Thompsons they look like the baja locks but are polished instead of matte.. I wish i knew the offset I am considering getting a set of oem ore wheels.. got a set found for 200 maybe hour and half away..

Johnn123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
^Dont put coil spacers on 3/4 ton springs, youll get very weird happenings. You will need 5" of lift to clear those 35's, and you will need to do it right to make sure you dont get a host of problems. A kit would be best for you. You'll need lift springs and shocks, approp control arms, longer pitman arm, adjustable track bar.

Off Road Editions have a factory 2" lift done through higher compression rate coils up front, and mine had more leaves in the rear. Any higher then that, no there is no cheap way done right, and this is not something you cheap out on. Steering geometry changes at 3" and you need to start dropping things such as the pitman arm, track bar, control arms to properly center the axle, etc ya know keep things kosher. When you lift, your axle actually physically shifts over, and the new control arms are how you account for that. ORE rims are 17"x8" fyi, not 16" like the rest.

Sorry man you want to play you got to pay lol