HELP!!! Installation Of New Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I am trying to install a new radio for my 2006 SLT with 4 speakers. However, I do not know the things I am going to need to make it work properly. They have those bypass things for the factory amp, but I don't even know if I have a factory amp LOL!!! Anyways, I need to know what wiring harness I'll need because I've been looking around and can hardly find any information about it. Thanks in advance!

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The xsvi-6502-nav should be the one you need if it's non amplified. If it is factory amplified there will be infinity badges on the doors up by the top of the door panel. If this is the case you will need a different harness.

You will also need the dash kit, and the antenna adapter.

OP
OP
cliftonclendenen

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
The xsvi-6502-nav should be the one you need if it's non amplified. If it is factory amplified there will be infinity badges on the doors up by the top of the door panel. If this is the case you will need a different harness.

You will also need the dash kit, and the antenna adapter.

I thought you just buy the wiring harness and solder them to the new radio? Also this says its for navigation when I pull it up on amazon which I don't have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It provides navigation outputs for if you are installing an aftermarket navigation radio. If you aren't then you just don't use these outputs.

And I don't really understand what you were asking with the first question. Yes you connect this new harness to the new radio harness but you still need a dash kit and an antenna adapter.

OP
OP
cliftonclendenen

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
It provides navigation outputs for if you are installing an aftermarket navigation radio. If you aren't then you just don't use these outputs.

And I don't really understand what you were asking with the first question. Yes you connect this new harness to the new radio harness but you still need a dash kit and an antenna adapter.

Okay, will the PAC C2R-CHY4 work instead? I found a video about installation of a radio and he used this harness instead.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay, will the PAC C2R-CHY4 work instead? I found a video about installation of a radio and he used this harness instead.

I'm not sure the only program I have uses metra products instead of PAC. From what I see though that PAC harness is more expensive than the metra one.

OP
OP
cliftonclendenen

cliftonclendenen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I'm not sure the only program I have uses metra products instead of PAC. From what I see though that PAC harness is more expensive than the metra one.

Any way you can get me a link to the metra one? Preferably amazon. I have searchdd for it but i came up with 3 different types and i have no idea what kind to get.