Help me choose budget double din radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mperl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 2007 Ram1500 extended cab, basic stock radio with single cd player. I am wanting to replace it with a double din radio that will display backup cameras and have bluetooth for my cell phone. The local installer has these entry level radios. Boss, JVC, Pioneer, and Soundstream. Are any of these better or worse than than the others? I will not be adding an amp, but may replace stock door speakers with JVC or Kenwood. Thanks.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a couple from a place called Eonon.com. Mostly because they had one that fit the spot in my Mazda 3 and looked like and OEM install. Sold the care to my brother and the stereo is still going strong - 3 or 4 years now. I'd look at another if I was looking to replace the system in my truck.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Take a look at Crutchfield.com. You can compare a bunch of them there. Just plug in your vehicle and you can filter based on your requirements. Even if you don't buy from them, it's an easy site to navigate and shop.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Huge pioneer fan. You can pick up just about any older avh series for a couple hundo or go newer if you choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
+1 on the kenwood, i have the DDX574BH (i think discontinued maybe) and LOVE it. It has 3 jacks for 3 cameras i believe, 2 for sure. Works awesome for everything id def at least check out the kenwood models

aladin_sane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put a Blaupunkt in my superduty. I believe it was the San Jose model I liked the nav very much. It would also play DVDs. Not that I would do that while in motion of course.