Help me with my cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magnum318

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 318
I have a non functional cruise in my 06 1500. All the information that I've gathered so far has just served to confuse me. I can't seem to find another example that is presenting symptoms exactly like mine so I'm starting my own thread.

Here is how things went down for me.

First. My cruise took off with my truck. When I hit the set button it accelerated like the acc button was being held down. It did that twice in a row, both times the brake or the cancel button stopped the acceleration.

Now I can turn the cruise on and the dash light comes on but when I hit set nothing happens and the light goes out. It won't come on again until the vehicle is shut off.

I'm not sure where to start. I've checked fuses, vacuum hoses for cracks and reset the pcm.

Do I replace the switches and/or clock spring next?

Please advise

Thanks a heap.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Check switches make sure they work properly, and the cruise servomechanism. Not sure the location on your truck, mine is under battery tray.