Help, need electrical diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamNoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all,

My brother in law had run into a road block on his project build. It is a 89 d 250 4x4 reg cab. Standard. He has put a 93 12v cummins in the truck. Has is running and driving but has a bit of a problem. He cant figure out why the lights do not want to work. He has the clearence lights and head light's working to a good degree. But the tail lights and turn signals wont work, they only light up when you hit the turn signal switch. We also cant grt any of the dash lights on. Replaced light bulbs and everything, replaced the switches and some bad wires. But no change. We have tried search all over the web but cant find a 89 wiring diagram. Has has one for his 91 dodge, but they are different. If anyone has one i would greatly appreciate it!

Sniper X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all,

My brother in law had run into a road block on his project build. It is a 89 d 250 4x4 reg cab. Standard. He has put a 93 12v cummins in the truck. Has is running and driving but has a bit of a problem. He cant figure out why the lights do not want to work. He has the clearence lights and head light's working to a good degree. But the tail lights and turn signals wont work, they only light up when you hit the turn signal switch. We also cant grt any of the dash lights on. Replaced light bulbs and everything, replaced the switches and some bad wires. But no change. We have tried search all over the web but cant find a 89 wiring diagram. Has has one for his 91 dodge, but they are different. If anyone has one i would greatly appreciate it!

Look at the battery hot, the little one on the left front fender, and the fuseable links this is usually the cause for that very thing. You'll probably find it worn thru and all shorted.