HELP - No power at ignition, dash, lights etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supershockers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Ok I was chasing brake light problem they stopped working. Fuse good, brake switch replaced with new and was getting on off power at dark blue/pink wire. Ran a new wire to brake switch from fuse box in eng bay. Constant power now and white/tan has power. At MFS (multi function switch i.e. trun signal switch) I have power at white/tan but nothing at dark green/red or brown/red. So I went and got a new MFS. got back and went to start truck to move it back as im partly in the street and no power at ignition, dash, head lights, radio. Only thing that works is the dome light. Checked all fuses and every one is good.

I'm lost as to what happened.

Pass the beer ARGH I hate elec problems lol

2001 Ram 1500 5.9L

Last edited:

ouch1011

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Did you check the fuses under the hood? There are one or 2 larger fuses in the underhood box that supply power to the interior fuse block. I'd start there. Also check the connections at the firewall.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
remove your new power wire from brake fuse in engine bay, test if that fixes your no start issue. Then find a new way to supply power to correct the original issue. Possibility of you shorting something along the way there.